Surgery is only one part of the journey experienced by those seeking gender affirmation. At Cleveland Clinic Florida we closely adhere to a multidisciplinary approach for all of our patients. Our gender affirmation clinical team meets on a regular basis and includes volunteer members of our plastic surgical, urologic, behavioral, gynecologic and endocrine teams who have a special interest in this field.
The procedures we offer for gender affirmation surgery include:
- Upper Feminization
- Upper Masculinization
- Lower Feminization (Program currently under development)
- Lower Masculinization (Program currently under development)
What to Expect
When deciding on cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, it is important to consult with an expert. During your consultation at Cleveland Clinic Florida’s Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery Center one of our board-certified physicians will meet with you to discuss your goals and expectations as well as the following:
- Review your complete medical history (including past and current medications)
- Discuss any medical conditions that could affect your procedure’s outcomes
- Explain the benefits, risks and timeline for the procedure
- Evaluate the part of your body that would be treated
- Give recommendations
- Answer any questions you may have
You will leave your first visit with a clear idea of the options available to you, as well as any risks involved.
Our plastic surgeons also may collaborate with physicians from other medical and surgical specialties to provide you with the best and most comprehensive care for your aesthetic and reconstructive needs. To schedule a consultation, please call 954.659.5220
Insurance rarely covers the cost of copays and/or elective cosmetic surgery and procedures. For an explanation of payment options, including CareCredit financing to pay for out-of-pocket expenses not covered by medical insurance, please call 954.659.5220 and ask to speak with one of our caregivers.