Healthy skin can help you look and feel your best. At Cleveland Clinic Florida, our experienced team of skin care specialists offers a broad range of services for your every need. We treat all medical or cosmetic conditions that affect the hair, skin or nails.
We’re here to provide expert, compassionate care, from common aesthetic concerns to complex diseases such as psoriasis and skin cancer.
Dermatologists and Dermatological Surgeons: Why Choose Cleveland Clinic Florida?
Patients throughout South Florida choose our dermatology institute for:
- Collaborative care: Our team of board-certified dermatologists and dermatologic surgeons includes a fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon. This skilled group works with plastic surgeons, oncologists and other specialists to provide complete care for any skin disorder. You receive all the tests and treatments you need from one source.
- Commitment to safety: Whether you need skin cancer treatment or are seeking cosmetic facial rejuvenation, you want to know you’re in good hands. Our experts adhere to the highest patient safety protocols. If you have concerns after a procedure, your care team is available 24/7, so you can quickly get the answers you need.
- Innovative treatments: We specialize in the latest evidence-based approaches to skin care. Our expertise includes noninvasive therapies like photodynamic therapy, biologics and a range of laser procedures. Our surgeons also offer Mohs micrographic surgery and reconstructive surgery. These advances give you access to the latest, most effective treatments.
- Patient satisfaction: In nationally recognized patient satisfaction surveys, our patients rate our skin care specialists as excellent to very good. We’re committed to providing the highest level of attentive, patient-centered care.
Our General Dermatology Services and Treatments
Our dermatologists and dermatologic surgeons have extensive experience in several specialty areas. We have a high skill level in skin cancer screening and diagnosis, psoriasis treatment, patch testing and cosmetic procedures.
Skin cancer screening and diagnosis
We specialize in evaluating, diagnosing and treating skin cancers as early as possible. Early treatment can improve outcomes. Our comprehensive assessments include full-body exams, skin checks, mole assessment and skin cancer prevention.
Our skin specialists also offer noninvasive dermoscopy. We use a special handheld microscope to carefully examine pigmented lesions for signs of malignant melanoma. This tool allows us to assess abnormal growths with excellent accuracy and provide earlier, more accurate diagnoses.
If we do find skin cancer, we work closely with the Cleveland Clinic Florida oncology, plastic surgery and pathology teams to deliver complete cancer care. Learn more about your treatment options for melanoma, sarcoma and skin cancers.
Biologics are the latest advancement in psoriasis treatment. These drugs change how certain parts of your immune system work, so your immune cells don’t cause as much inflammation on your skin and in your body.
We might recommend biologic drugs as an injection or intravenous infusion. Our in-house infusion center makes it easy to get the treatment you need right here at Cleveland Clinic Florida.
We may also recommend skin ointments, other medications or UV light therapy (also called blue light therapy or phototherapy) for psoriasis.
A skin rash or itchy skin caused by an allergic reaction is a common condition. Also called contact dermatitis, the problem might occur if you come into contact with certain fragrances, metals or other substances.
When cortisone creams don’t offer relief, patch testing can uncover the root cause of your skin irritation. Allergy patch tests don’t require any needles, and we can test your reaction to a wide range of common allergens. Once we identify your allergies, we can build a treatment plan that may include antihistamines, skin ointments, medication or biologics.
Cosmetic dermatology procedures
Whether you’re concerned about wrinkles, aging skin, sun damage or unpleasant varicose veins, our experts can help. We provide one-on-one consultations to assess your cosmetic goals and build a treatment plan that meets your unique needs.
- Chemical peels for improved skin tone and appearance.
- Facial fillers and injectables, including Botox®, Restylane® and Perlane®, to help smooth lines and wrinkles.
- Laser hair removal.
- Laser resurfacing and radiofrequency therapy (Thermage®) for facial rejuvenation and skin tightening.
- Laser treatments for varicose veins, spider veins, vascular birthmarks and facial redness.
Request an Appointment
Call 877.463.2010 or request an appointment to connect with a dermatologist.
Skin Conditions We Treat
Our dermatologists treat a wide range of skin diseases and concerns:
- Autoimmune diseases, including skin lupus, scleroderma and psoriasis.
- General skin irritation, including rashes, allergies, hives and eczema.
- Hair and scalp disorders, including hair loss, alopecia areata and excessive hair growth.
- Skin cancers and precancers, including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, melanoma and actinic keratosis.
- Skin discoloration disorders, including hyperpigmentation, vitiligo and rosacea.
- Skin growths and abnormalities, including moles, skin tags, warts and scars.
- Skin infections, including acne, cysts and fungus.
Florida Support Services
- American Academy of Dermatology
Toll-free: 847.330.0230 or 888.462.DERM
- National Alopecia Areata Foundation
- National Eczema Association
- Lupus Foundation of America, Inc.
- National Psoriasis Foundation
- National Rosacea Foundation
Appointments & Locations
To schedule an appointment, please call 877.463.2010