The Wellness Institute has built a framework to guide patients to healthier lifestyle choices. Using evidence-based medicine and clinical protocols, our physicians develop Cleveland Clinic programs designed to change unhealthy behavior and encourage healthy choices. Outcomes are validated using standardized measures in clinical trials. Successful participants gain accountability for their health and leave the programs healthier and more engaged.
Did You Know?
The "Big 4" cause 75 percent of the chronic diseases:
- Food choices
- Physical inactivity
That's why Cleveland Clinic is committed to helping you achieve optimal health and well-being through a series of programs developed by our team of wellness experts.
Our clinically proven interactive online programs provide a cost-effective and convenient approach for patients to manage stress, improve sleep and learn to eat right. Participants are automatically guided through daily activities, educational topics, assessments and individual progress charts.
- Learn more about Stress Free Now, GO! TO SLEEP ® and Go! Foods for You
Personalized eCoaching Programs
eCoaching connects participants to a personal health coach through frequent, interactive emails. Our wellness coaching programs are designed to help participants create sustainable behavior change to meet their goals of weight loss, tobacco cessation, and improved energy and vitality.
- Learn more about the Personalized eCoaching Programs
Workplace Wellness Programs
Through our Wellness Assessments, our experts craft a strategic approach that will give your organization a wellness roadmap and build stakeholder buy-in – guiding your organization toward culturally–specific solutions designed to motivate your population to meet your company’s wellness goals.
- Learn more the Workplace Wellness Programs
Go! Foods for You
Eating well is the cornerstone of a healthy lifestyle. Scientific evidence that links eating habits to increased risk of certain diseases and conditions proves that “you are what you eat.”
Cleveland Clinic dietitians and wellness experts developed Go! Foods® – to give you the green light so you’re sure you’re making the healthiest food selections. Our nutrition experts certify that foods carrying the Go! Foods® label meet national nutritional guidelines. Cleveland Clinic’s Go! Foods® program makes it easier to find the most healthy food choices.
All Go! Foods® meet these nutritional criteria:
- Minimal Saturated Fat: less than 4 grams for main dishes; less than 2 grams for side dishes, soups and desserts
Reason: Saturated fats "harden" arteries and cause high LDL cholesterol, which increases the risk of heart attack, stroke and some cancers
- No Trans Fat
Reason: Trans fat has no redeeming qualities! It increases bad LDL cholesterol and decreases good HDL cholesterol, raising the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Minimal Added Sugars and Syrups: less than 4 grams for main dishes and desserts; less than 2 grams for side dishes and soups
Reason: Adding sugar adds empty calories and causes blood sugar to fluctuate.
- 100% Whole Grain
Reason: Whole grains are a vital source of fiber. Fiber has been shown to decrease the risk of heart disease, stroke, and certain cancers, maintain blood sugar and insulin levels, assist with regular bowel movements and keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Minimal Sodium: No more than 600 mg in entrees; 480 mg in sides and desserts
Reason: High sodium intake is associated with high blood pressure, increased risk of stroke and worsening of kidney disease, heart failure and other conditions.
- For more information about the program, visit the Go! Foods website.
GO! TO SLEEP®
The GO! TO SLEEP® Program is an interactive online program developed by specialists in Cleveland Clinic's Wellness Institute and Sleep Disorders Center. The program's proven methods help patients improve their sleep from the comfort and privacy of their homes.
The GO! TO SLEEP® Program is designed to help:
- Patients experiencing short-term insomnia (over the past on to six months)
- Individuals with episodic insomnia that intensifies during times of stress
- People who prefer non-pharmacological treatment for sleep issues
- Individuals who use sleep medications occasionally but are interested in techniques likely to help them sleep better without medication
- For more information about the program or to enroll, visit the GO! TO SLEEP® Program website.
Stress Free Now
Stress Free Now is a clinically-based, six-week online program that contains the tools you need to reduce stress and improve your well-being and your health. The program is based on mindfulness practice, which is what research shows is most effective in mitigating the impact of stress on your quality of life.
- For more information about the program or to enroll, visit the Stress Free Now website.