Integrative Medicine techniques support the body's natural ability to heal, reducing stress and promoting a state of relaxation that leads to better health. It can help you achieve optimal health when you engage in your own healing and feel empowered to make lifestyle changes. Incorporating one or more Integrative Medicine services into your healthcare regimen will help you regain control of your well-being.
Integrative Medicine uses modalities such as acupuncture, chiropractic manipulation and relaxation techniques to reduce pain; dietary and herbal approaches to manage diseases such as diabetes and fibromyalgia; and group support to change habits associated with obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
Lifestyle Medicine is an evidence-based practice of assisting individuals and families adopt and sustain lifestyle behaviors that can improve your health and quality of life, such as eliminating tobacco use, improving diet, practicing stress relief techniques, and increasing physical activity. Poor lifestyle choices are the root cause of modern chronic diseases. Scientific evidence is clear - adults with common chronic conditions who adhere to a healthy lifestyle experience rapid, significant, clinically meaningful and sustainable improvements in their health.
The practices, techniques and services offered that most patients find helpful include:
- Brain Health
- Chinese Herbal Therapy
- Chiropractic Therapy
- Culinary Medicine - meet with a chef or dietitian
- Disease Reversal Program
- Holistic Psychotherapy
- Integrative Medicine Consults - a holistic approach to managing chronic symptoms
- Interactive guided imagery
- Lifestyle U - weight and lifestyle management program
- Lifestyle Medicine Consults - medical consult to manage chronic symptoms through lifestyle changes
- Living Well after breast cancer or prostate cancer
- Massotherapy - massage therapy
- Mind / body coaching - relaxation practice
- Nutrition consults
- Recovery program - for those suffering from alcohol and substance abuse
- TRIM-LIFE - weight management program
- Shared Medical Appointments - unique appointments held in the company of others who share similar health concerns
- Events and classes
Medical consults and several complementary therapies are now offered via an online appointment called Cleveland Clinic Express Care (or Virtual Visits). To make an appointment or learn more about any of these services, call 216.448.4325 option 4.
What We Treat
What We Treat
Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine services have become very popular in the United States, with more than 70 percent of Americans using them in some form.
You may benefit from Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine if you suffer from a chronic illness and wish to reduce the severity or frequency of disease episodes, decrease stress related to chronic disease, and enjoy a better quality of life.
Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine can help patients relieve symptoms of a wide range of conditions, including:
- Anxiety and depression
- Back pain
- Chronic autoimmune diseases
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic pain
- Chronic psychological stress
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Metabolic syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)