High School Senior Project
Cleveland Clinic's Stanley Shalom Zielony Institute for Nursing Excellence welcomes high school students to perform their for credit senior projects in the field of nursing. The experience can range in length from 1 to 3 weeks. The high school senior project experience pairs the student with a nurse delivering care on an assigned nursing unit. The student will be able to observe how Cleveland Clinic nurses deliver world class care to patients and their families, communicate and coordinate with other members of the care delivery team, and expertly navigate the healthcare environment to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients.
Senior Project Requirements
- 17 years of age or older
- Completion of onboarding process prior to the start date of your senior project
- Onboarding overview
- Update and verify personal information
- Review and acknowledge Cleveland Clinic enterprise-wide policies
- Cleveland Clinic mission, vision, and values
- Complete Conditions of Use form
- Complete background release form (minors exempt)
- Complete Health Requirement Attestation
- Negative tuberculosis test (2 step mantoux or Quantiferon blood test)
- MMR vaccine(measles, mumps, rubella)
- TDaP vaccine(tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis)
- Hepatitis B vaccine series or signed waiver
- Varicella/Chicken Pox
- Flu vaccine if attending between November 15 and April 1
- Upload verification of negative TB result
- Complete confidentiality agreement
- Complete COMET coursework
- Register for parking (if needed)
- Obtain ID badge
For questions regarding this process, please contact the Office of Nursing Education and Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registered Nurse Shadows (RN)
Cleveland Clinic's Stanley Shalom Zielony Institute for Nursing Excellence welcomes interested individuals to participate in a 4 hour shadowing experience on a medical-surgical unit at one of our Main Campus or regional hospitals. The shadowing experience pairs the participant with a nurse delivering care on the assigned nursing unit.
The participant will be able to observe how Cleveland Clinic nurses deliver world class care to patients and their families, communicate and coordinate with other members of the care delivery team, and expertly navigate the healthcare environment to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients.
What are the requirements?
- 16 years of age or over
- Confidentiality form
How do I apply?
To request an experience please submit an application.
ASPIRE Nurse Scholars Program
The Howley ASPIRE Nurse Scholars Program is an enrichment program sponsored by Cleveland Clinic and the Howley Foundation in collaboration with Ursuline College Breen School of Nursing. This enrichment program is designed for high school juniors interested in pursuing a career in nursing.