EMPOWER U is presented annually by Cleveland Clinic, a Parkinson’s Foundation Center of Excellence. This free education-driven, one-day event provides a positive, interactive approach to helping individuals with Parkinson’s disease take control of their disease, maintain their identity and improve their quality of life. The goals of the event are accomplished through:
- Educational sessions on treatments and updates in Parkinson’s disease
- Interactive sessions that introduce rehab therapies, exercise programs and wellness concepts to fight back against Parkinson’s disease
This event brings together individuals and families of individuals with Parkinson’s disease, caregivers, Parkinson’s disease organizations and medical professionals – working alongside each other to improve the quality of care and enhance the level of information available to those affected by Parkinson’s disease.
Special guests at past events have included:
- Jimmy Choi – American Ninja Warrior Athlete, Parkinson’s Disease Advocate
- Arman Askari, MD – Co-Founder Premier Health Advocates, Cardiologist, and individual with Young-onset Parkinson’s Disease
- David Zid, BA, ACE-APG – Co-Founder, Ohio Health Delay the Disease
- Maria Pujolas, RN, BSN, CFT – Owner and Coach, Rock Steady Boxing
- Leaders from the Parkinson’s Foundation
- Prominent Parkinson’s Disease specialists including physicians, surgeons and psychologists
- Watch sample of presentations from our last EMPOWER U event.
2021 EMPOWER U Event
Save the date! Our next EMPOWER U event will once again be held virtually and is scheduled for August 14, 2021. To receive the latest updates join our email list below.
Join Our Email List
If you would like to receive updates about our upcoming events, please complete the form below.
*Indicates required information