Miller Family Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute Resource Nurse
For general questions about your cardiovascular or thoracic condition, symptoms, treatment, surgery or tests. Experienced cardiovascular registered nurses are available to answer your questions.
Cleveland Clinic eNewsletters
Sign up now to receive email updates from the Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute
Nutrition Programs and Services
The Preventive Cardiology and Rehabilitation Nutrition Program provides a wide range of nutrition services led by experienced and specialized registered dietitians. Individual counseling and a group weight-management program are available. Call 800.223.2273 ext. 4-9353 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Books for Patients & Families
Cleveland Clinic is recognized in the U.S. and throughout the world for its expertise and care. Its heart center is also nationally ranked and recognized as the global leader in cardiovascular care. Here are books you may find helpful from our experts:
- by Marc Gillinov, MD and Steven Nissen, MD
- © January 31, 2012, Crown Publishing Group
- Heart 411 is the definitive guide to heart health, written by two of America's most respected doctors at Cleveland Clinic, the #1 hospital for heart health in America.
- by Mary Beth Modic DNP APRN CNS CDE (Author), Christina M. Canfield MSN APRN CCRN-E (Author)
- Paperback – April 20, 2017
- The goal of this book is to help you become an educated partner in your hospital stay or that of your loved one
Patient & Family Education
Written materials: All Miller Family Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute patients receive comprehensive patient education materials to explain their disease, tests and procedures, medications and treatments. If you need more information during your visit at Cleveland Clinic, please ask your healthcare provider.
The Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute has an extensive library of written information on our website about:
- Diseases and Conditions
- Treatments and Procedures
- Diagnostics and Testing
- Your Heart and Blood Vessels
- Answers to common questions
- Just the Basics
Foreign Language materials: Global Patient Services assists patients from around the globe who come to Cleveland Clinic for care. A representative can help you with travel arrangements and lodging, as well as interpreter services during your stay.