For more than a decade, Cleveland Clinic's Heart & Vascular Institute has formed affiliations with cardiothoracic surgery and cardiovascular medicine programs in Ohio and across the country, aimed to combine the unparalleled research and expertise of Cleveland Clinic’s heart program with other cardiac leaders.
Through these relationships, Cleveland Clinic works with quality cardiovascular programs to provide management services including clinical direction, quality assurance, and access to the latest in cutting-edge technologies and techniques. Physicians and nurses from affiliate programs participate in training, conferences and educational programs provided by the nation’s #1 ranked heart program.
Our affiliate physicians collaborate with their colleagues in Cleveland Clinic's Heart & Vascular Institute on a regular basis and have access to the latest technology and procedures being evaluated at Cleveland Clinic. These relationships help to accelerate mutual accomplishments in cardiac treatment to provide the highest level of patient care.
In 2013, Cleveland Clinic’s Heart & Vascular Institute embarked on a first-of-it’s kind clinical and research alliance with MedStar Heart Institute, combining the academic, clinical and research components of both organization. Leveraging both hospitals’ leadership in academic medical research, this new model provides an infrastructure to allow doctors to collaborate more seamlessly and more often on high-level research projects.
Cleveland Clinic Heart & Vascular Affiliate Program began in 1994 and continues to grow:
Clinical and Research Alliance
- Baylor Scott & White Health; Dallas, TX – 2014
- The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano; Plano, TX – 2014
- MedStar Heart Institute; Washington D.C. – 2013
- Northwell Health: Heart Hospital; Manhasset, NY
Heart & Vascular Institute Affiliates
- The Bellevue Hospital; Bellevue, OH – 2013
- CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System; Serving Texarkana, TX – 2014
- Fisher Titus Medical Center; Norwalk, OH – 2013
- Forsyth Medical Center; Winston Salem, North Carolina – 2012
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin; Milwaukee, WI – 2016
- King's Daughters Medical Center; Ashland, KY – 2014
- Piedmont Atlanta; Atlanta, GA – 2015
- Presbyterian Hospital; Charlotte, North Carolina – 2012
- Saint Francis Medical Center; Cape Girardeau, MO – 2014
- St. Luke's Hospital, Chesterfield, MO – 2016
- Saint Vincent; Erie, PA – 2012
- Sequoia Hospital; Redwood City, CA – 2015
- Susquehanna Health; Williamsport, PA – 2014
- Valley Health System - The Valley Hospital; Ridgewood, NJ – 2015
Heart Surgery Affiliates
Thousands of procedures are performed each year by Cleveland Clinic's Heart & Vascular Institute and its affiliates, with patient outcomes that surpass national standards.