For more than a decade, Cleveland Clinic's Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute has formed affiliations with cardiothoracic surgery and cardiovascular medicine programs in Ohio and across the country, aimed to combine the unparalleled research and expertise of Cleveland Clinic’s heart program with other cardiac leaders.
Through these relationships, Cleveland Clinic works with quality cardiovascular programs to provide management services including clinical direction, quality assurance, and access to the latest in cutting-edge technologies and techniques. Physicians and nurses from affiliate programs participate in training, conferences and educational programs provided by the nation’s #1 ranked heart program.
Our affiliate physicians collaborate with their colleagues in Cleveland Clinic's Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute on a regular basis and have access to the latest technology and procedures being evaluated at Cleveland Clinic. These relationships help to accelerate mutual accomplishments in cardiac treatment to provide the highest level of patient care.
In 2013, Cleveland Clinic’s Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute embarked on a first-of-it’s kind alliance with MedStar Heart Institute, combining the academic, clinical and research components of both organizations to better serve patients and advance cardiac care. This alliance model has since expanded to include several of our largest affiliates, with whom Cleveland Clinic collaborates on research efforts and national direct-to-employer contracting.
Cleveland Clinic Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Advisory Services Program began in 1994 and continues to grow:
Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute Alliance Partners
- Deborah Heart and Lung Center, Browns Mills, NJ - 2019
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI – 2016
- MedStar Health, Washington DC – 2013
- Parkview Health, Parkview Heart Institute, Fort Wayne, IN – 2019
- St. Luke's Hospital, Chesterfield, MO – 2016
- Valley Health System - The Valley Hospital; Ridgewood, NJ – 2015
Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute Affiliates
- Kaweah Delta Medical Center, Visalia, CA – 2019
- Rochester Regional General Hospital, Rochester, NY – 2004
- Saint Francis Medical Center, Cape Girardeau, MO – 2014
Heart Surgery Affiliates
- MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH – 1998
Cardiovascular Medicine Affiliates
- Ashtabula County Medical Center; Ashtabula, OH – 2001
Thousands of procedures are performed each year by Cleveland Clinic's Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute and its affiliates, with patient outcomes that surpass national standards.