Before completing the affiliation request form, please note the following:
New Agreements (i.e., no current agreement for a health science program exists between Cleveland Clinic and the academic institution)
Multiple factors are considered when approving requests for affiliation agreements. These factors include, but are not limited to:
- Location of the school in relation to the Cleveland Clinic facilities
- Current and anticipated workforce needs of the Cleveland Clinic
- Volume of anticipated placement requests in the discipline(s) requested
If the agreement request is for a single student, we require:
- $500 fee paid by the academic institution or by the Cleveland Clinic institute/department requesting the student placement.
The term of new affiliation agreements for a single student are defined by the length of the student’s clinical rotation (i.e., start and end dates). The term of new affiliation agreements for multiple students are determined on a case-by-case basis.
Renewal Agreements (i.e., a current health science affiliation agreement exists between Cleveland Clinic and the academic institution)
We consider the following when approving affiliation agreement requests:
- Annual number of students placed at Cleveland Clinic facilities from the academic program.
- Annual number of program graduates who both had clinical rotations at Cleveland Clinic facilities and were hired by Cleveland Clinic.
- Current and anticipated workforce needs of the Cleveland Clinic.
The term of renewed agreements (e.g., one, three or five years) may vary depending on the above.
Existing affiliation agreements can be amended to add other health science programs. Amended agreements will be approved using the criteria noted for new agreements.
For more information on amending an existing agreement, please contact Kerilyn Gillombardo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is a formal agreement between two or more parties. MOUs are used when Cleveland Clinic receives requests to train employees from other health systems. If you would like to request an MOU, please complete this request form.
If you have questions, please contact Mari Knettle at email@example.com.