In 2007, Cleveland Clinic recognized the importance of educating our future health professions caregivers by forming the Center for Health Professions Education. The Center for Health Professions Education works with Cleveland Clinic's own internal education programs and with the external affiliated academic programs offered at educational facilities throughout Ohio and across the nation. In addition, we offer onboarding for health professions students, affiliation agreements with external academic institutions, and a multitude of other services related to the educational mission of Cleveland Clinic.
Center for Health Professions Education Mission
To promote an excellent learning experience for a diverse population of health professions students in the Cleveland Clinic health system so that they may become providers of the best care to patients as members of the interprofessional care team.
Center for Health Professions Education Vision
To facilitate the training of all health professions students across the Cleveland Clinic health system in order to provide uniformly excellent, equitable, and inclusive education through our internal and affiliate-based training programs for the benefit of our community and to help meet the workforce needs of the Cleveland Clinic health system.
Center for Health Professions Education Diversity Statement
The Center for Health Professions Education and Cleveland Clinic are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background or culture. A diverse and inclusive environment for students and culturally appropriate care for our patients are essential to fulfilling our vision to be the best place for care anywhere and the best place to work in healthcare. We welcome students from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Below are important statistics and facts about our training programs, students and more.
- 109 health professions disciplines in the Cleveland Clinic health system that provide student training.
- 3,569 health professions students placed in clinical rotations at Cleveland Clinic.
- 2,916 students placed from affiliate-based programs.
- 555 students placed from Cleveland Clinic Internal Health Professions training programs.
- 98 students placed from Cleveland Clinic Health Professions Residency/Fellowship programs.
- 25% of students placed at Cleveland Clinic main campus.
- 75% of students placed at Cleveland Clinic community hospitals and family health centers.
- 133 affiliation agreements between Cleveland Clinic and affiliate-based academic institutions.
- 28 states (including the District of Columbia) where we have affiliate-based programs.
- 60 schools in Ohio with which we have affiliate-based partnerships.
These figures are for the 2022-23 academic year.
Mari Knettle, DPT, EdD
Staff, Medical Director
Michelle Hrehocik, MBA
Teresa Duncan, CMA (AAMA)
Medical Assistant Student Coordinator
Kerilyn Gillombardo, MNAL
Administrative Program Coordinator
Rhiannon Muchowski, MA
Cheryl Stashinko, MLIS
Center for Health Professions Education
9500 Euclid Ave. JJ21
Cleveland, OH 44195
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed holidays)
Please complete the form below, and we'll respond to your query within 72 hours or 3 business days.