In 2007, Cleveland Clinic recognized the importance of educating our future health science caregivers by forming the Center for Health Sciences Education. The center coordinates Cleveland Clinic's own internal training programs with the external affiliated training programs offered at educational facilities throughout Ohio and across the nation. In addition, we offer onboarding for health sciences students, affiliation agreements with external academic institutions, and a multitude of other services related to the educational mission of Cleveland Clinic.
Center for Health Sciences Education Mission
To promote an excellent learning experience for a diverse population of health sciences students in the Cleveland Clinic health system so that they may become providers of the best care to patients as members of the interprofessional care team.
Center for Health Sciences Education Vision
To facilitate the training of all health sciences students across the Cleveland Clinic health system in order to provide uniformly excellent, equitable, and inclusive education through our internal and affiliate-based training programs for the benefit of our community and to help meet the workforce needs of the Cleveland Clinic health system.
Below are important statistics and facts about our training programs, students and more.
- 93 health science disciplines in the Cleveland Clinic health system that provide student training.
- 2,918 health science students placed in clinical rotations at Cleveland Clinic.
- 2,313 students placed from affiliate-based programs.
- 480 students placed from Cleveland Clinic training programs.
- 125 students placed from Cleveland Clinic Health Science Resident/Fellowship programs.
- 38% of students placed at Cleveland Clinic main campus.
- 62% of students placed at Cleveland Clinic community hospitals and family health centers.
- 117 academic institutions involved in our affiliate-based programs.
- 29 states (including the District of Columbia) where we have affiliate-based programs.
- 49 schools in Ohio in which we have affiliate-based programs.
These figures are for the 2020-21 academic year.
Mari Knettle, DPT, EdD
Associate Staff, Director
Michelle Hrehocik, MBA
Kerilyn Gillombardo, MNAL
Teresa Duncan, CMA (AAMA)
Medical Assistant Student Coordinator
Center for Health Sciences Education
9500 Euclid Ave. / NA24
Cleveland, OH 44195
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed holidays)
Please complete the form below, and we'll respond to your query within 72 hours or 3 business days.