Detailed information can be found in the Handbook for International Physicians & Scientists.
Get information on what is and isn't supported by Cleveland Clinic.
Find out how you can maintain status while you're in the U.S.
Visas for dependents
Get information on visas for dependents, including information on academic studies and volunteer work.
Find out what you need to do and when before you embark on international travel.
Find out what the regulations are for moonlighting based on your status.
Get answers to frequently asked questions about U.S. income tax.
Social Security and driver's license
Janice M. Bianco, MA
Director, Visa and Immigration Services; Responsible Officer, Exchange Visitor Program
216.445.7681 or 216.618.0528
- Prepares H-1B, O-1A petitions for trainees and staff.
- Liaison with Government agencies.
- Manages CC Exchange Visitor Program.
- Assists Professional Staff Affairs in coordinating J-1 Physician Waivers.
- Advises trainees, staff, Human Resources and Law Department regarding visas.
- Liaison with immigration attorneys for preparation of permanent resident petitions.
Exchange Visitor Program Manager, Visa and Immigration Services
- Processes J-1 applications for researchers in SEVIS and clinical trainees in EVNet (ECFMG database).
- Provides information and advice to programs and trainees regarding J-1 regulations.
- Liaison with LRI Research and Education Training Center and the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) regarding J-1 Exchange Visitors.
Mary Katherine Curry
Assistant Director, Visa and Immigration Services; Alternate Responsible Officer, Exchange Visitor Program
216.444.9985 or 216.905.8934
- Lead advisor for Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)-sponsored J-1 clinical trainees.
- Assists in management of team functions.
- Prepares H-1B petitions for research and clinical trainees.
- Assists in management of Exchange Visitor Program (research).
- Advises trainees, program coordinators/directors and LRI administrators.