Elective Course Catalog
Cleveland Clinic offers elective rotations in many specialty areas to students who have completed their core clinical rotations and are in their final year of medical school.
A maximum of two rotations may be scheduled up to two months in advance. We do not accept applications for the months of July and December.
Please refer to the course description via course catalog for each rotation of interest for more information.
- Please note that this takes you to an external website belonging to Case Western Reserve University (we are affiliated with Case and share the course catalog with them and other hospitals).
- Only courses that end in the letter "C" are at Cleveland Clinic (locations are identified in the catalog).
- Do NOT try to log into the course catalog, only those with a Case ID may log in.
- Please note the document does not reflect course availability in real time. Rather, it shows which areas are available to a visiting student, along with minimum USMLE requirements (some courses have a requirement higher than 220 or lower - please review PDF).
Academic Calendar / Dates
- Rotations must be scheduled based on our academic calendar, this is strategic to allow maximum number of students to rotate.
2020-2021 Academic Calendar
Rotations must be scheduled based on our academic calendar (dates listed below). No exceptions will be made. Each student is limited to a maximum of two different elective rotations.
**At this time, Cleveland Clinic will allow visiting students to start rotating in September. Due to COVID-19, our offering of dates have changed (see below).
Remember, priority is given to our own students for scheduling electives. Therefore, confirmation will not be given to visiting students more than 30‐60 days prior to the start date.
2020 – 2021 Academic Calendar
|*Block 1||No longer offered|
|Block 2||No longer offered|
|Block 3c||09/07/2020 – 09/25/2020|
|Block 4c||09/28/2020 – 10/16/2020|
|Block 5||10/19/2020 – 11/13/2020|
|Block 6||11/16/2020 – 12/11/2020|
|Block 7||No Visiting Students|
|Block 8||01/11/2021 – 02/05/2021|
|Block 9||02/08/2021 – 03/05/2021|
|Block 10||03/08/2021 – 04/02/2021|
|Block 11||04/05/2021 – 04/30/2021|
|Block 12||05/03/2021 – 05/28/2021|
|Block 13||05/31/2021 – 06/25/2021|
Blocks 3c and 4c have been shortened to three weeks to accommodate academic changes.
We do not allow switching rotations once you have been confirmed.