Please have all required documents ready prior to starting the application; the documents must be included in order to submit your application. Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed (no exceptions).
- Application for Domestic Applicants
- Application for International Applicants - suspended due to COVID-19
About the Rotations
All rotations are four weeks long, and each student is limited to one rotation for the 2021-22 academic year.
Due to the high volume of requests, rotations during August through October are more competitive.
Priority in scheduling is given first to our own medical school students and affiliate students, other U.S. medical students and international students who are enrolled in an accredited medical school.
All medical students requesting clinical rotations must apply through the elective program.
- Application Dates: Applications for are open for the 2021/22 academic year starting April 15, 2021. We do not schedule any visiting students in block 7. Applications will close about three months prior to start date.
- Fee: A $200 application processing fee is required from all domestic visiting students, and $400 for international students, applying for an elective. The fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and is not dependent on receiving or accepting an offer. The fee must be paid when you submit your application. You may apply for up to two electives ($400 maximum fee for domestic students and $800 for international students).
- Acceptance/Denial: After reviewing your application, you will be notified of acceptance or denial via email about 30-60 days prior to the start of your rotation. Once your assignment has been confirmed, you are expected to complete that rotation.
- Cancellations: While cancellation may be necessary, please do so at least 30 days in advance, and be sure to notify your school of the cancellation.
- Ohio University Students: Due to the affiliation agreement between OU and Cleveland Clinic, applications will open March 15, 2021 for our non-Cleveland students. HCOM students CAN request rotations starting with block 2 (as many depts. are not available block 1). Your APA should communicate the promotion code to waive the application fee.
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
Elective Program, Health Education Campus EC10
9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195