Please have all required documents ready prior to starting the application; the documents must be included in order to submit your application. Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed (no exceptions).
About the Rotations
All rotations are four weeks long, and each student is limited to two rotations.
Because of the high volume of requests, rotations during August through October are more competitive (we typically do not have visiting students in July or December, although some areas do accept in July).
Priority in scheduling is given first to our own medical school students and affiliate students, other U.S. medical students and international students who are enrolled in an accredited medical school.
All medical students requesting clinical rotations must apply through the elective program.
- Application Dates: Applications for blocks 1*-6 will be accepted starting on April 15, 2019.
Applications for blocks 8-13 will be accepted starting on Oct. 15, 2019. *Please note block 1 is very limited as most areas do not take students then. Please view course availability. We do not schedule any visiting students in block 7.
- Fee: A $200 application processing fee is required from all domestic visiting students, and $400 for international students, applying for an elective. The fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and is not dependent on receiving or accepting an offer. The fee must be paid when you submit your application. You may apply for up to two electives ($400 maximum fee for domestic students and $800 for international students).
- Acceptance/Denial: After reviewing your application, you will be notified of acceptance or denial via email about 30-60 days prior to the start of your rotation. Once your assignment has been confirmed, you are expected to complete that rotation.
- Switching Rotations: Switching rotations is NOT permitted once you are confirmed to complete a rotation. No exceptions will be made. If you choose not to complete the rotation you are scheduled for, please cancel 30 days in advance.
- Cancellations: While cancellation may be necessary, please do so at least 30 days in advance, and be sure to notify your school of the cancellation.
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
Medical Student Elective Program, NA20
9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195