The Simulation Educator Workshop for Experienced Debriefers is for healthcare professionals who have participated in the Simulation Educator Workshop and have experience facilitating simulation training. This is a one-day, interactive, CME, course that focuses on identifying challenges and implementing effective strategies to provide for successful debriefing.
- Eligible credits: 0AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Course duration: 1 day.
Led by highly experienced Cleveland Clinic’s Simulation and Advanced Skills Center faculty, the course builds on the foundational simulation-based material and experiences gained from the Simulation Educator Workshop. This course provides a deeper exploration of more challenging debriefing situations and allows for practice and feedback in a safe learning environment.
- Completion of the Simulation Educator Workshop (2016 and later) or equivalent if taken at a different location.
- (2) + years of debriefing experience.
- Facilitate a debrief at a minimum of (5) times per year.
- Submission of a DASH completed in the past 12 months by an approved simulation educator.
- Apply positive debriefing techniques.
- Identify various phenotypes of difficult debriefing situations.
- Explore proactive and reactive solutions in challenging debriefing situations.
- Recognize effective clinical debriefing.
- Consider co-debriefing strategies.
Registration is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Teams from the same organization are welcome to attend.
*Please note that due to COVID restrictions there is a maximum capacity of 12 participants.
Tuition (non-Cleveland Clinic only)
Tuition of $275 includes materials for the one-day interactive workshop, parking and lunch.p
Questions? Please contact Michelle Feliciano at firstname.lastname@example.org.