Established in 1923, Cleveland Clinic's Department of Dermatology has been treating skin and hair disorders in patients of all skin types for decades. In 2011, the Skin of Color Center was founded, recognizing and appreciating the specific medical and cosmetic needs of skin with more color, which includes patients with Asian, African American, Arab and Hispanic backgrounds. In light of this, MSC will uniquely focus on improving treatment outcomes of skin conditions which disproportionately affect this population.
An evaluation is undertaken to find out the causes of all types of hair loss. We offer cutting edge medical and surgical treatment of hair loss.
Improving the Appearance of Skin
Uneven skin tone and blotches from acne and other rashes can disfigure the skin. We offer the safe and effective treatment to address these skin conditions including the following:
- Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra (fleshy moles)
- Acne scarring
- Keloids (thick scars)
- Pseudofolliculitis barbae (razor bumps)
- Skin discoloration (uneven skin tone, blotchy skin)
- Melasma (browning/discoloration of face)
- Deep facial wrinkles
Skin Rashes and Cancers
We offer cutting edge treatment of skin rashes including eczema, fungal infections, drug rashes and skin cancers.
- Laser treatment for hair removal
- Laser treatment for acne scarring, keloids
- Chemical Peels for scarring, acne, discoloration
- Microdermabrasion for scarring, discoloration
- Botox for dynamic wrinkles
- Chemical fillers (collagen injections/Hyaluronic acid etc) for static wrinkle
- Sclerotherapy to remove spider veins
- Photodynamic therapy for acne