Treatment & Services
- Cancer Center
- Care of Liver Transplant Patients
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Hepatobiliary Transplantation
- Intra-Arterial (IA) Chemotherapy
- Laparoscopic Liver Surgery
- Liver Perfusion for Unresectable Liver Tumor
- Liver Resection
- Liver Surgery
- Liver Transplantation
- Liver Transplantation In Hiv Positive Patients
- Living Donor Liver Transplantation (LDLT)
- Reoperative Abdominal Surgery
- Robotic Surgery for Liver
- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery
- Solid Organ Transplant
- Transplant- Liver Kidney/Pancreas
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Autoimmune Chronic Hepatitis
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Bile Duct Diseases
- Bile Duct Obstruction
- Bile Duct Tumors
- Diseases of the Liver Biliary Tract and Pancreas
- End Stage Liver Disease
- Extrahepatic Bile Duct Cancer
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatobiliary Disease
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Disease
- Liver Tumors
- Liver-Biliary Tract Disease
- Metastatic Tumors Of The Liver
- Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Multi-Organ Abdominal Surgery
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Jackson Memorial Hospital
Abdominal Organ Transplant Surgery
Miami, FL USA
Medical Education - University of Bologna, School of Medicine
- Advanced Fellowship, Living Donor Liver Transplantation, Cleveland Clinic
- Dr. Quintini is an expert in liver surgery. He is involved in the treatment of advanced cancers affecting the liver using innovative approaches such as robotic and minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Quintini is also involved in research on the treatment of ex-vivo tumor resection and perfusion with chemotherapeutic agents for advanced and inoperable liver tumors.
Hepatobiliary surgery, Metastatic liver cancers, Neuroendocrine tumors, Hepatocellular carcinoma, Benign liver tumors, Liver cysts, Liver transplantation, Living donor liver surgery, Pediatric liver transplant, Organ recovery and preservation, Portal hypertension
Awards & Honors
- 2011 Cleveland Clinic Innovator Award
- 2013 Cleveland Clinic Innovator Award
Innovations & Patents
- Ex-vivo organ perfusion machine
- Technical innovations in liver transplant surgery and abdominal wall reconstruction
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- International Liver Transplant Society
- The Transplantation Society
- Cleveland Surgical Society
- American Society of Transplantation
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/1/2019, Dr. Quintini has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Quintini receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Biom'Up SA
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
54 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.5|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
5 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Aug 9, 2019
I am very comfortable with Dr. Quintini. He is very professional but also very caring. I would recommend Dr. Quintini to any and all.
Reviewed on Jun 20, 2019
Dr Quintini makes me feel comfortable. He listens to my concerns and clearly explains expectations.
Reviewed on May 9, 2019
I did not feel rushed..provider took time.
Reviewed on Dec 5, 2018
I felt confidence in physician at our FIRST meeting - very good.
Reviewed on Nov 8, 2018
Dr. Quintini and his team are very thorough in their approach to care and he and team are very coordinated in efforts to provide the best medical care. Dr. Quintini really cares about me and made me feel very comfortable.
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.