Treatment & Services
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery - Thyroid And Parathyroid
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic Liver Resection
- Laparoscopic Radiofrequency Ablation Of Liver Tumors
- Laparoscopic Solid Organ Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Thermal Ablation Of Liver Tumors
- Laparoscopic Treatment of Liver Cysts
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Parathyroid Surgery
- Robotic Surgery for Adrenal
- Robotic Surgery for Liver
- Robotic Surgery for Parathyroid
- Robotic Surgery for Thyroid
- Thyroid Aspiration
- Thyroid Ultrasound
- Thyroid Ultrasound And Biopsy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Adrenal disorders
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Adrenal Tumors
- Adrenocortical Carcinoma
- Beta-cell disorders
- Calcium Disorders
- Carcinoid Syndrome
- Conn's Syndrome
- Cushing's Syndrome
- Endocrine Disorders
- Familial Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Cancer
- Metastatic Tumors Of The Liver
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors
- Parathyroid Cancer
- Parathyroid Disease Description
- Primary Hyperaldosteronism
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Tertiary hyperparathyroidism
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Disease
- Thyroid Nodule
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School
Fellowship - University of California San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA USA
Medical School - Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School
- Director of Robotic Endocrine Surgery
- Staff, Liver Tumor Clinic
- Staff, Liver Tumor Ablation Program
adrenal disease, Adrenal disorders, Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, Calcium Disorders, endocrine hypertension, endocrine surgery - thyroid and parathyroid diseases and surgery, endocrine surgery (thyroid and parathyroid), general and laparoscopic surgery, General Surgery, laparoscopic radiofrequency ablation of liver tumors, Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy, laparoscopic radiofrequency ablation of liver tumors, Laparoscopic Solid Organ Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Laparoscopic Thermal Ablation Of Liver Tumors, pancreatic endocrine tumors., Minimally Invasive Surgery, multiple endocrine neoplasia syndromes, parathyroid and calcium disorders, thyroid, Thyroid Cancer, thyroid cancers, Thyroid cancers and Flushing Syndromes, Thyroid Disease, thyroid disorders, thyroid nodules, robotic thyroidectomy, robotic surgery, robotic adrenalectomy. laparoscopic liver resection, image-guided surgery
Innovations & Patents
- Started the Laparoscopic Liver Resection Program with Dr. John Fung, 2006
- Started the robotic endocrine surgery program in 2008
- Did one of the first robotic thyroidectomies and parathyroidectomies in the US
- Did the first robotic posterior adrenalectomy in the world
- Did the first robotic central neck dissection for thyroid cancer in the US
- Did the first robotic liver resection at the Cleveland Clinic
- Did the first fully laparoscopic hemihepatectomy at the Cleveland Clinic
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons- Member of the Educational and Research Committees
- American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- International Surgical Society
- American College of Surgeons
- American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association- Member of the Research Committee
- Central Surgical Society
- Cleveland Surgical Society
- American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- American Thyroid Association- Planning Committee
- Endocrine Society
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/9/2017, Dr. Berber has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Berber receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Johnson & Johnson
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
88 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.7|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
5 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Oct 5, 2017
Lot of disagreeing by doctors.
Reviewed on Aug 9, 2017
Physician did not know my history. I had been to see him several years ago for a thyroid problem and he had no idea.
Reviewed on Mar 8, 2017
Dr. Berber is an excellent, world-class surgeon. Although wait times can sometimes be lengthy in this office, it is worth the wait. Dr. Berber answers my questions and gives me options for treatment. He listens to my concerns and allows me to be part of my treatment plan. I feel very secure in his care and am fortunate to have him on my team of trusted doctors at the Cleveland Clinic.
Reviewed on Feb 8, 2017
I've been there at least 5 times and never had a bad experience.
Reviewed on Feb 8, 2017
I had some questions as there was confusion about tests. He was very reassuring and clarified what I am to do in the future so there is no question!
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.