Treatment & Services
- Adrenal Surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Cancer Center
- Endocrine Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery - Thyroid And Parathyroid
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic Liver Resection
- Laparoscopic Liver Surgery
- Laparoscopic Radiofrequency Ablation Of Liver Tumors
- Laparoscopic Solid Organ Surgery
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Thermal Ablation Of Liver Tumors
- Laparoscopic Treatment of Liver Cysts
- Liver Resection
- Liver Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Parathyroid Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Robotic Surgery for Adrenal
- Robotic Surgery for Liver
- Robotic Surgery for Parathyroid
- Robotic Surgery for Thyroid
- Thyroid Aspiration
- Thyroid Ultrasound
- Thyroid Ultrasound And Biopsy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Adenoma of the Liver
- Adrenal Cancer
- Adrenal disorders
- Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Adrenal Mass
- Adrenal Tumors
- Adrenocortical Carcinoma
- Calcium Disorders
- Carcinoid Syndrome
- Conn's Syndrome
- Cushing's Syndrome
- Endocrine Disorders
- Familial Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST)
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Cyst
- Liver Mass
- Liver Tumors
- Metastatic Tumors Of The Liver
- Neuroendocrine Carcinoma
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors
- Paraganglioma Surgery
- Parathyroid Cancer
- Parathyroid disease
- Parathyroid Disease Description
- Pediatric Rare Cancer and Blood Disease Program
- Primary Hyperaldosteronism
- Rare Cancer and Blood Disease Program
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Tertiary hyperparathyroidism
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Disease
- Thyroid Lesion
- Thyroid Masses
- Thyroid Nodule
- Thyroid Tumor
- Uveal Melanoma
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - University of California San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA USA
Residency - Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School
Medical Education - Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School
Graduate School - Weatherhead School of Management Case Western University Masters in Business Adm
- Masters in Business Administration. Case Western Weatherhead School of Management April 2020
- Director of Robotic Endocrine Surgery
- Director, Neuroendocrine / Adrenal Tumor Center,
- Director, Surgical Liver Tumor Ablation Program
- Co-director of Multidisciplinary Liver Tumor Clinic
- Surgery - General Surgery
adrenal disease, Adrenal disorders, Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, Calcium Disorders, endocrine hypertension, endocrine surgery - thyroid and parathyroid diseases and surgery, endocrine surgery (thyroid and parathyroid), general and laparoscopic surgery, General Surgery, laparoscopic radiofrequency ablation of liver tumors, Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy, laparoscopic radiofrequency ablation of liver tumors, Laparoscopic Solid Organ Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Laparoscopic Thermal Ablation Of Liver Tumors, pancreatic endocrine tumors., Minimally Invasive Surgery, multiple endocrine neoplasia syndromes, parathyroid and calcium disorders, thyroid, Thyroid Cancer, thyroid cancers, Thyroid cancers and Flushing Syndromes, Thyroid Disease, thyroid disorders, thyroid nodules, robotic thyroidectomy, robotic surgery, robotic adrenalectomy. laparoscopic liver resection, image-guided surgery
Innovations & Patents
- Started the Laparoscopic Liver Resection Program with Dr. John Fung, 2006
- Started the robotic endocrine surgery program in 2008
- Did one of the first robotic thyroidectomies and parathyroidectomies in the US
- Did the first robotic posterior adrenalectomy in the world
- Did the first robotic central neck dissection for thyroid cancer in the US
- Did the first robotic liver resection at the Cleveland Clinic
- Did the first fully laparoscopic hemihepatectomy at the Cleveland Clinic
- Used a novel high-power ablation generator to treat large liver tumors for the first time in the world in October 2020.
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons- Member of tFundomentals of Surgical Energy Committees
- American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association- Member of the Ultrasound Committee
- Central Surgical Society
- American Association of Endocrine Surgeons-Member of Education Committee
- American Thyroid Association
- Clinical Robotics Surgical Association-Treasurer, Committee Chair, Education.
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 10/26/2020, Dr. Berber has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Berber receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Medtronic plc
- Aesculap, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
85 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
19 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Dec 16, 2020
Dr. Berber was so patient with my questions and helpful at exploring the best options for my care. He reviewed all of the information, explained the risks and procedure in a way that made sense to me, and did not rush. I really appreciate his care!
Reviewed on Oct 14, 2020
Dr Berber gave us three options for treatment and respected my concerns in each of the three options.
Reviewed on Sep 23, 2020
Dr. Berber and Dr Kabbani was very comforting. I had to have biopsy of my thyroid, Dr. Berber was knowledgeable and caring. Dr Kabbani held my hand just when I needed the support. I was also told they will call and let me know my results., instead of reading in my chart. although I'm still waiting for results I trust that I will hear from Dr Berber.
Reviewed on Sep 18, 2020
Dr Berber made an exception to keep my appointment after canceled by another provider. I'm truly thankful due to traveling. Dr. Berber had cases that day however fit me into his schedule. I'm very thankful and blessed for him to be my physician. Dr. Berber answered all my questions and explained in detail the plan of care. I would definitely recommend Dr. Berber and nurse Lisa at Cleveland Clinic. I work in healthcare so for my first visit to Cleveland Clinic was impressive and grateful to meet Dr. Berber and nurse Lisa.
Reviewed on Sep 18, 2020
Dr Berber concern, discussion of treatment and professionalism was outstanding
Reviewed on Sep 16, 2020
patients need to be able to have their spouse with them for appointments, it is helpful to have that other person there to hear what the doctors are saying, and additional procedures that might need to be done. They have questions about everything going on also
Reviewed on Sep 11, 2020
Doctor's were in every day very good.
Reviewed on Sep 2, 2020
I am thankful for the wonderful care I received from Dr. Berber and his nurse Lisa. Dr. Berber took time to provide details specific to my health and surgery so that I could make an informed decision. They both treated me with respect and compassion. I would highly recommend Dr. Berber!
Reviewed on Jul 22, 2020
I would recommend Dr. Berber and Cleveland Clinic.
Reviewed on Jul 15, 2020
dr Berber and nurse Lisa were kind, reassuring , knowledgeable. great patient teaching
Reviewed on Jun 17, 2020
Was amazing experience with great doctors & nurse practitioner was tremendous.
Reviewed on Jun 4, 2020
Dr Berber and his staff where very professional and kind through out this process.
Reviewed on Jun 4, 2020
Dr Berber and his staff where exceptional.
Reviewed on May 13, 2020
I had a great experience with Dr Berber but I would prefer and would choose to have been there in person
Reviewed on Apr 29, 2020
First time I met Dr. Berber but he seems very caring.
Reviewed on Mar 12, 2020
Had a very good experience with Dr. Berber and his associates. They were very kind and knowledgeable.
Reviewed on Mar 11, 2020
Dr. Berber and his staff always make sure my necessary appointments are scheduled along with follow up care. I'm grateful to be in Dr Berber's care.
Reviewed on Mar 11, 2020
I receive excellent care and am grateful to be in Dr. Berber's care.
Reviewed on Jan 29, 2020
Dr.Berber and his Nurse Practitioner were very helpful and knowledgeable
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.