Treatment & Services
- Center for Autism
- Clinical Evaluation, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Clinical Trials
- Consultation and Long-term Care
- Department of Pediatric Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Diagnostic Genetic Evaluation of Developmental Delay
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Neuroscience
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD)
- Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum (ACC)
- Aicardi Syndrome
- Alexander Disease
- Angelman Syndrome
- Asperger Syndrome
- Ataxia Telangiectasia
- Batten Disease
- Canavan Disease
- Cephalic Disorders
- Cognitive Disorders
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome
- Dandy -Walker Syndrome
- Developmental Delays
- Down Syndrome
- Early-Onset Neuro-Degeneration
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Hallervorden-spatz Disease
- Headaches, Children
- High Cholesterol
- Infantile Refsum Disease
- Joubert Syndrome
- Krabbe Disease (Globoid Cell Leukodystrophy)
- Learning Disabilities
- Leigh's Disease
- Lesch-Nyhen Syndrome (LNS)
- Marfan Syndrome
- Menkes Disease
- Metabolic Diseases
- Metabolic Myopathies
- Metachromatic Leukodystrophy
- Microcephaly in Children
- Migraine Headaches
- Mitochondrial Disease
- Mitochondrial Myopathies
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myoclonus (muscle twitch)
- Niemann-Pick Disease (NP)
- Pediatric Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome
- Pelizaeus-Merzbacher Disease
- Pervasive Development Disorder (PDD)
- Pompe's Disease
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
- Refsum Disease
- Rett Syndrome
- Reye's Syndrome
- Sandhoff Disease
- Septo-optic Dysplasia (SOD)
- Soto's Syndrome
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Sydenham Chorea
- Tay-Sachs Disease
- William's Syndrome
- Wilson Disease
- Zellweger Syndrome
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Neurometabolism & Genetics
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Residency - Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Medical Education - Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Cleveland, OH USA
Undergraduate - Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH USA
- Editor, Mitochondrial & Metabolic Medicine
- Past-President, Mitochondrial Medicine Society
- Past-Chair, Scientific & Medical Advisory Board, United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation
- Primary Investigator, Mitochondrial Augmentation Therapy & Pearson Syndrome Natural History Study
- North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium (NAMDC) member
- Global Leukodystrophy Initiative member and site director
- International Foundation for CDKL5 Research Center of Excellence
- Scientific & Medical Advisory Board, National Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Association
- Scientific & Medical Advisory Board, International Foundation for CDKL5 Research
- Past Scientific Planning Committee, Child Neurology Society
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
The diagnosis and treatment of patients with mitochondrial cytopathies, inborn errors of metabolism, cognitive and developmental regression, leukodystrophies, autism and developmental delays
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctors in America, Castle-Connolly, 2007-present
- Top Scholar, Child Neurology Society Annual Meeting, October 2001
- Magna Cum Laude Graduate with Honors in English
- American Academy of Neurology, fellow; certified in neurology, with special certification in child neurology
- American Academy of Pediatrics, fellow; certified in general pediatrics
- Child Neurology Society
- American College of Medical Genetics, affiliate specialist
- Society for Inherited Metabolic Disease
- Society for Study of Inborn Errors of Metabolism
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 6/3/2020, Dr. Parikh has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
94 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
19 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 26, 2020
Excellent doctor. Also, he always gives you the full actual appt time, he doesn't try to rush through your appt. So often anymore, doctors will bill your insurance for minutes you didn't get to use, but not Dr Parikh.
Reviewed on Jun 19, 2020
Dr. Parikh is amazing! Very kind! You can tell that he really cares about his patients.
Reviewed on Jun 12, 2020
we love Dr parikh.. he is the 1st doctor to really care about jace and what is best for him!!
Reviewed on Jun 3, 2020
The Doctor was excellent. He listened and answered all of our questions in addition to giving us input!
Reviewed on Feb 26, 2020
He is an awesome Dr. I am proud to have him on my care team.
Reviewed on Jan 24, 2020
*Dr. Parikh spent nearly 2 1/2 hours with me & my children. The volume of information he gave us was amazing.
Reviewed on Jan 15, 2020
he was an excellent Dr. and very thorough with the patient and concerned with her conditions.
Reviewed on Dec 20, 2019
Dr. Parikh is a wonderful doctor. He has always made sure that we understand everything and is incredibly kind. He just has a great bedside manner with both his patients and their parents.
Reviewed on Nov 22, 2019
Dr. Parihk is amazing! We were very very impressed by him. The time he spent with us and how thorough he was!
Reviewed on Nov 14, 2019
Dr Parikh is one in a million
Reviewed on Oct 21, 2019
Reviewed on Oct 2, 2019
As a mother, the doctor was fantastic. He listened very patiently to my sometimes lengthy concerns for my daughter, and you could see the genuine concern.
Reviewed on Oct 1, 2019
very knowledgeable the best doctor I have seen to date concerning my sons issues made it very easy to understand and he explained things beautifully
Reviewed on Sep 20, 2019
The doctor always answers any questions that we have and helps us better understand our son's condition.
Reviewed on Sep 6, 2019
It was amazing the person in Dr. Parikh's office (Lisa) even remembered us from starting our journey with CCF when my son's were little, 5-7yrs, whom are now 19-21yrs. The personalized service from everyone is just outstanding.
Reviewed on Sep 6, 2019
Dr Sumit Parikh is excellent, I really attribute the health of my son and my ability to have the witherell to stay strong and positive on the journey with his assistance, knowledge and teaching moments!
Reviewed on Aug 28, 2019
he is a excellent doctor and I really like him. /I would recommed him to other people. Lisa was great she helped me.
Reviewed on Aug 21, 2019
Dr. Parikh was very thorough and spent an adequate time with my husband and myself to address any issues and concerns that we had. He also made himself available for any questions and it was very comforting to know that we weren't rushed. He also put our son at ease too which is important.
Reviewed on Jul 31, 2019
very kind, smart, thoughtful, patient, qualified. All the best qualities in a doctor.
© 2020 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.