Treatment & Services
- Center for Autism
- Clinical Evaluation, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Clinical Trials
- Consultation and Long-term Care
- Department of Pediatric Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Diagnostic Genetic Evaluation of Developmental Delay
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Neuroscience
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD)
- Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum (ACC)
- Aicardi Syndrome
- Alexander Disease
- Angelman Syndrome
- Asperger Syndrome
- Ataxia Telangiectasia
- Batten Disease
- Canavan Disease
- Cephalic Disorders
- Cognitive Disorders
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome
- Dandy -Walker Syndrome
- Developmental Delays
- Down Syndrome
- Early-Onset Neuro-Degeneration
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Hallervorden-spatz Disease
- Headaches, Children
- High Cholesterol
- Infantile Refsum Disease
- Joubert Syndrome
- Krabbe Disease (Globoid Cell Leukodystrophy)
- Learning Disabilities
- Leigh's Disease
- Lesch-Nyhen Syndrome (LNS)
- Marfan Syndrome
- Menkes Disease
- Metabolic Diseases
- Metabolic Myopathies
- Metachromatic Leukodystrophy
- Microcephaly in Children
- Migraine Headaches
- Mitochondrial Disease
- Mitochondrial Myopathies
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myoclonus (muscle twitch)
- Niemann-Pick Disease (NP)
- Pediatric Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome
- Pelizaeus-Merzbacher Disease
- Pervasive Development Disorder (PDD)
- Pompe's Disease
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
- Refsum Disease
- Rett Syndrome
- Reye's Syndrome
- Sandhoff Disease
- Septo-optic Dysplasia (SOD)
- Soto's Syndrome
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Sydenham Chorea
- Tay-Sachs Disease
- William's Syndrome
- Wilson Disease
- Zellweger Syndrome
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Neurometabolism & Genetics
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Residency - Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Medical School - Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Cleveland, OH USA
Undergraduate - Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH USA
- Past-President, Mitochondrial Medicine Society
- Past-Chair, Scientific & Medical Advisory Board, United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation
- Primary Investigator, Pearson Syndrome Natural History Study
- North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium (NAMDC) member
- Global Leukodystrophy Initiative member and site director
- International Foundation for CDKL5 Research Center of Excellence
- Scientific & Medical Advisory Board, National Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Association
- Scientific & Medical Advisory Board, International Foundation for CDKL5 Research
- Past Scientific Planning Committee, Child Neurology Society
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
The diagnosis and treatment of patients with mitochondrial cytopathies, inborn errors of metabolism, cognitive and developmental regression, leukodystrophies, autism and developmental delays
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctors in America, Castle-Connolly, 2007-present
- Top Scholar, Child Neurology Society Annual Meeting, October 2001
- Magna Cum Laude Graduate with Honors in English
- American Academy of Neurology, fellow; certified in neurology, with special certification in child neurology
- American Academy of Pediatrics, fellow; certified in general pediatrics
- Child Neurology Society
- American College of Medical Genetics, affiliate specialist
- Society for Inherited Metabolic Disease
- Society for Study of Inborn Errors of Metabolism
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 7/31/2017, Dr. Parikh has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
63 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
11 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Sep 21, 2017
overall it was a very good experience for our first time being seen there. Dr. Parikh is wonderful and we never felt rushed.
Reviewed on Sep 15, 2017
He is an amazing doctor! We left this appointment feeling so much better about our son's problems. Thank you
Reviewed on Sep 15, 2017
Dr. Parikh was polite and caring. He seemed to take a real interest in our daughters health and spent a long time just talking with us about her health. I feel so much more confident about my daughter's health now that she is under the care of Dr. Parikh. His bedside manner is beyond anything we have experienced thus far. He answered all of our questions and has made himself available to us should we have any further concerns before our next appointment.
Reviewed on Aug 11, 2017
Loved our discussion with our Doctor. he answered so many of our questions and put our concerns and question to rest. Definitely trust our doctor with helping us find the best care for our daughter.
Reviewed on Aug 7, 2017
Again, I feel as if we are rushed out the door. I wish we could spend a bit more time talking with Dr. Parikh.
Reviewed on Jul 28, 2017
I always have a good experience when visiting Dr Parikh office, I feel very blessed to have him for my son's doctor.
Reviewed on Apr 12, 2017
Liked doctor very much. He was a very nice person.
Reviewed on Mar 9, 2017
Dr. Parikh was wonderful! He listened to our concerns and was very attentive to our son during the appointment.
Reviewed on Feb 17, 2017
Dr. Parikh is an exceptional doctor. He is very courteous, kind, respectful and caring. He takes time to answer all of our questions and never rushes us during the appointment. He listens patiently and answers all questions. He appears to genuinely care about our child and her welfare and treatment options. He is incredibly helpful and is highly knowledgeable and intelligent. I wish all doctors were like Dr. Parikh, and I highly recommend him!
Reviewed on Jan 25, 2017
The provider was not understanding my concerns about my son.
Reviewed on Jan 4, 2017
Great visit! Did not feel rushed with doctor. He took the time to answer all my questions and was very understanding about my concerns.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.