Treatment & Services
- Abnormal Stress Test
- Balloon Mitral Valvotomy
- Cardiovascular Medicine Department
- Clinical Trials
- Coronary Artery Atherectomy
- Coronary Balloon Angioplasty (PTCA)
- Coronary Intervention
- C-Reactive Protein Testing
- Drug Eluting Stenting
- Endovascular Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Closure
- Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP)
- FFR determination
- Heart Imaging
- Heart Valve Disease - Percutaneous Interventions
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center
- Iliac Stenting
- Intervention Section
- Intra-aortic Balloon Pumping
- Lower Extremity Angioplasty
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Percutaneous Closure of Paravalve Leak
- Percutaneous Valve Treatment
- Percutaneous VSD closure
- Renal Angioplasty
- Renal Artery Stenting
- Rotational Atherectomy
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Valve Surgery
- Virtual Histology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Aortic Stenosis
- Atrial Septal Defects
- Bifurcation Blockage
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Coronary Aneurysm
- Heart Attack
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Iliac Artery Aneurysm
- Iliac Artery Occlusion (blockage)
- Ischemic Cardiomyopathy
- Leg Circulation Problems
- Patent Foramen Ovale
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Stent Restenosis
- Total Coronary Occlusions
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX USA
Internship - Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX USA
Medical School - N.H.L.M. Medical College
- Director, Sones Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Director, Interventional Cardiology Fellowship
- Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine - Interventional Cardiology
coronary interventions, percutaneous treatment of valvular heart disease, ASD/PFO closure, carotid interventions, peripheral interventions.
Awards & Honors
- 2007 Teacher of the Year Award, Interventional Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic
- 2006 Innovator Award, Cleveland Clinic
- 2006 Top Docs, Cleveland Magazine
- 2004 Top Docs, Cleveland Magazine
- 2000 Lower Clinical Award for Original Investigation and Professional Excellence in Scientific Paper, Cleveland Clinic
- 1999 Lower Clinical Award for Original Investigation and Professional Excellence in Scientific Paper, Cleveland Clinic
- 1998 Young Investigator Award for Clinical Research, Cardiovascular Young Investigator Forum, Astra Merck
- 1998 Peskind Memorial Award for Best Research Paper from Residents and Fellows Training in Division of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic
- 1998 First Place, Cardiology Research Day, Cleveland Clinic
- 1996 2nd Place, Basic Science Research, Research Symposium, Baylor College of Medicine
- 1995 Finalist, Melvin L. Marcus - Young Investigator Award in Cardiovascular Physiology, American Heart Association
- 1994 Best Basic Science Research Presentation, Baylor Scientific Symposium
- 1994 Outstanding Resident, Baylor College of Medicine
- 1989 Highest Honors, Final Academic Year, Medical School
- 1987 Merit Prize for exceptional performance, Indian Pharmacological Society
- 1987 Highest Honors, Second Academic Year, Medical School
- 1984 National Scholar, National Council of Educational Research & Training, India
- 1984 7th Rank (30,000 Premed Students), State Board, India
- 1982 6th Rank (250,000 Students), State Board, India
Innovations & Patents
- Devices for Percutaneous Valve Treatments
- American Heart Association
- American College of Cardiology
- Society for Vascular Medicine
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 5/18/2018, Dr. Kapadia has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
235 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
18 Patient Comments
Reviewed on May 23, 2018
Dr Kapadia was excellent however I sent my procedures 30 days prior to my appointment but he was not able to check my 2nd heart attack procedure He was running in and out the the exam room
Reviewed on May 23, 2018
Lisa and Megan from Dr Kapadia's office were both excellent
Reviewed on May 18, 2018
VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE EVRYTHING WAS ON TIME --Dr Kapatia is excellent at what he does thankful to have him as my Dr
Reviewed on May 4, 2018
I will say that Dr. Kapadia has been an excellent doctor. I'm very glad I got to know him and he is one of my care providers. I do wish he didn't always have to get interrupted with phone calls during my visit, but overall, I am very pleased with him.
Reviewed on May 2, 2018
The provider was the best. Appreciated the interaction and expertise.
Reviewed on Apr 6, 2018
Dr. Kapadia is an excellent doctor. he listens to my concerns.
Reviewed on Jan 22, 2018
my testing is on going Dr Kapadia sent me to an excellent Surgeon who ordered additional testing due to severity of my case very thorough
Reviewed on Nov 17, 2017
I liked the fact that all test were performed that day, reviewed and discussed at length.
Reviewed on Nov 15, 2017
Dr. Kapadia was superb in providing the best care and instructions.
Reviewed on Oct 24, 2017
there was not a single thing I would. change
Reviewed on Oct 6, 2017
Physicians were outstanding especially Dr. Kapadia & Dr. Ferrous.
Reviewed on Oct 5, 2017
I was amazed at the time the doctors spent with me.
Reviewed on Sep 7, 2017
I understand the surgeon was busy, but he did spend a lot of time with my daughter & explained everything to her. She was very happy with the consideration.
Reviewed on Sep 2, 2017
No BAD - all good.
Reviewed on Jul 29, 2017
Dr. Samir Kapadia was outstanding in all areas.
Reviewed on Jul 14, 2017
I was well informed about the treatment I am going to get.
Reviewed on Jun 16, 2017
His drawings most helpful very tactile approach! Good cooperation.
Reviewed on Jun 9, 2017
Dr. Kapadia was extremely helpful in thinking through the best course of treatment for my tricuspid valve. I respect his opinion and I am grateful for the attention and care he devoted to my situation.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.