Treatment & Services
- Abnormal Stress Test
- Balloon Mitral Valvotomy
- Cardiovascular Medicine Department
- Clinical Trials
- Coronary Artery Atherectomy
- Coronary Balloon Angioplasty (PTCA)
- Coronary Intervention
- C-Reactive Protein Testing
- Drug Eluting Stenting
- Endovascular Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Closure
- Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP)
- FFR determination
- Heart Imaging
- Heart Valve Disease - Percutaneous Interventions
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center
- Iliac Stenting
- Intervention Section
- Intra-aortic Balloon Pumping
- Lower Extremity Angioplasty
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Percutaneous Closure of Paravalve Leak
- Percutaneous Valve Treatment
- Percutaneous VSD closure
- Renal Angioplasty
- Renal Artery Stenting
- Rotational Atherectomy
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Valve Surgery
- Virtual Histology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Aortic Stenosis
- Atrial Septal Defects
- Bifurcation Blockage
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Coronary Aneurysm
- Heart Attack
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Iliac Artery Aneurysm
- Iliac Artery Occlusion (blockage)
- Ischemic Cardiomyopathy
- Leg Circulation Problems
- Patent Foramen Ovale
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Stent Restenosis
- Total Coronary Occlusions
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX USA
Internship - Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX USA
Medical School - N.H.L.M. Medical College
- Director, Sones Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Director, Interventional Cardiology Fellowship
- Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine - Interventional Cardiology
coronary interventions, percutaneous treatment of valvular heart disease, ASD/PFO closure, carotid interventions, peripheral interventions.
Awards & Honors
- 2007 Teacher of the Year Award, Interventional Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic
- 2006 Innovator Award, Cleveland Clinic
- 2006 Top Docs, Cleveland Magazine
- 2004 Top Docs, Cleveland Magazine
- 2000 Lower Clinical Award for Original Investigation and Professional Excellence in Scientific Paper, Cleveland Clinic
- 1999 Lower Clinical Award for Original Investigation and Professional Excellence in Scientific Paper, Cleveland Clinic
- 1998 Young Investigator Award for Clinical Research, Cardiovascular Young Investigator Forum, Astra Merck
- 1998 Peskind Memorial Award for Best Research Paper from Residents and Fellows Training in Division of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic
- 1998 First Place, Cardiology Research Day, Cleveland Clinic
- 1996 2nd Place, Basic Science Research, Research Symposium, Baylor College of Medicine
- 1995 Finalist, Melvin L. Marcus - Young Investigator Award in Cardiovascular Physiology, American Heart Association
- 1994 Best Basic Science Research Presentation, Baylor Scientific Symposium
- 1994 Outstanding Resident, Baylor College of Medicine
- 1989 Highest Honors, Final Academic Year, Medical School
- 1987 Merit Prize for exceptional performance, Indian Pharmacological Society
- 1987 Highest Honors, Second Academic Year, Medical School
- 1984 National Scholar, National Council of Educational Research & Training, India
- 1984 7th Rank (30,000 Premed Students), State Board, India
- 1982 6th Rank (250,000 Students), State Board, India
Innovations & Patents
- Devices for Percutaneous Valve Treatments
- American Heart Association
- American College of Cardiology
- Society for Vascular Medicine
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/1/2017, Dr. Kapadia has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
199 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
18 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 9, 2017
Dr. Kapadia was extremely helpful in thinking through the best course of treatment for my tricuspid valve. I respect his opinion and I am grateful for the attention and care he devoted to my situation.
Reviewed on May 16, 2017
Dr. Kapadia is an absolutely wonderful doctor. I would fly to Cleveland or anywhere to see him. All of his patients and Cleveland Clinic are fortunate that he is there.
Reviewed on May 11, 2017
Excellent physician care.
Reviewed on Apr 28, 2017
Reviewed on Apr 24, 2017
Your doctors and staff were fantastic. They were more than happy to assist with any questions I had during my stay. Everyone working there should be proud to be a part of Cleveland Clinic. Thank you for being compassionate, considerate, and for providing exceptional care of me. My stay was wonderful.
Reviewed on Apr 17, 2017
Reviewed on Dec 30, 2016
Reviewed on Dec 8, 2016
The level of scientific knowledge and human compassion was outstanding!
Reviewed on Dec 7, 2016
Reviewed on Nov 29, 2016
The way Dr. Kapadia and his staff, combined high scientific level with great human compassion, is remarkable. Thanks to all. #1. Fast.
Reviewed on Nov 18, 2016
Excellent group collaboration.
Reviewed on Nov 11, 2016
The very best experience with a doctor ever!
Reviewed on Oct 9, 2016
Dr. Kapadia is great.
Reviewed on Sep 7, 2016
I was very pleased with the professionalism and the personal way the provider presented himself and the medical information he gave to me.
Reviewed on Sep 6, 2016
Dr. Kapadia seemed very thorough about my health concern.
Reviewed on Aug 27, 2016
Reviewed on Aug 26, 2016
Dr. Kapadia's team was excellent!
Reviewed on Aug 19, 2016
"Very pleased" with Dr. Samir Kapadia and Dr. Michael Chenier - Feel fortunate to have them.
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.