Treatment & Services
- Advanced Diagnostic Bronchoscopy
- Lung Transplantation
- Transtracheal Oxygen Therapy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acanthosis Nigricans
- Advanced Lung Disease
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Beryllium Disease
- Bronchogenic Carcinoma
- Carcinoid Syndrome
- Congenital Lung Disease
- Granulomatosis with Polyangitis (Wegener’s)
- Lambert-eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
- Lung Cancer
- Malignant Mesothelioma
- Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Tracheoesophageal Fistula
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Easton Hospital
Easton, PA USA
Residency - Saint Francis Medical Center
Trenton, NJ USA
Residency - Delaware County Memorial Hospital
Drexel Hill, PA USA
Residency - Sheth V.S. Hospital
Internship - Sheth V.S. Hospital
Medical School - N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, Gujarat University
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Undergraduate - Saint Xaviers College
- Clinical Teaching Seminar, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 1997 (12 hours)
- Cleveland Clinic Office of Practice Management
Executive Program in Practice Management, 1994-1995 (96 hrs.)
- Lung Transplantation Externship Under Dr. James Theodore at Stanford University Hospital, Palo Alto, Calif., 1990 (2 weeks)
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Bronchology (2004-to date)
- Medical Director, Lung Transplantation
- “Maria & Sam Miller Master Educator of the Year-2006 Award,” Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, 2006
- Bruce Hubbard Stewart Award, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 1992 [In recognition of the ability to combine sensitivity and compassion with knowledge and skill in the practice of medicine]
- Presidential Citation Honor Lecture, American College of Chest Physicians, Montreal, Canada, 2005
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease
Advanced lung disease, asthma, congenital lung disease, lung cancer, lung transplantation, diagnosis and therapeutic bronchoscopy. Advanced lung disease, asthma, bronchitis, bronchogenic carcinoma, carcinoid syndrome, congenital lung disease, histoplasmosis, lambert-eaton myasthenic syndrome, lung cancer, malignant mesothelioma
Awards & Honors
- Most outstanding Resident, St. Francis Medical Center Trenton, N.J., 1979-1980
- Bruce Hubbard Stewart Award, Cleveland Clinic Foundation Cleveland, Ohio, 1992 [In recognition of the ability to combine sensitivity and compassion with knowledge and skill in the practice of medicine]
- Distinguished Physicians of the Year, Association of Indian Physicians of Northern Ohio, 1993
- International Center Physician of the Year Award for outstanding medical care and treatment of the international patients and support to the staff of the International Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 2000
- Fellowship Alumnus Recognition Award, Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, 2000
- Recognized as “Teacher of the Year,” Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, 2000-2001
- Elected as a member to the Fleishner Society, 2004
- Recognized as “Teacher of the Year,” Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 2005
- “Honorary Professor,” University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Tirgu Mures, Tirgu Mures, Romania, 2005
- “Dr. Dezso Kassay Medal of Honor” for outstanding achievements in the field of Bronchology, Hungarian Respiratory Society, Szekesfehervar, Hungary, 2005
- Presidential Citation Honor Lecture, American College of Chest Physicians: Chest 2005, Montreal, Canada, Oct. 29-30, 2005
Innovations & Patents
- 2006 Innovator Award, Cleveland Clinic (Bronchoscopic Catheter for the Implantation of Fiducial Markers)
- Flexible Biopsy and Aspiration Needle, Cleveland, Ohio, 2006
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Physicians,
- American College of Chest Physicians,
- International Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation
- American Association for Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/1/2018, Dr. Mehta has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
127 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
10 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jul 13, 2018
all of my visits have been very well handle dr Mehta has been wonderful to advise on my condition.
Reviewed on Jul 12, 2018
I have totall confidence and trust of Dr Mehta .
Reviewed on Jul 12, 2018
after care review the doctor explain his opinion and invite questions it develops trust and confidence between the patient and doctor .
Reviewed on Jul 5, 2018
Physican was absolutely outstanding!!! I was there for a second opinion and he took a great amount of time explaining options and condition. Cleveland Clinic is very fortunate to have this compassionate physician.
Reviewed on May 15, 2018
Dr. Mehta is definitely all about the patient. He makes me feel like I am his only patient and that he really cares about me. I don't feel like I am just a number.
Reviewed on Apr 27, 2018
it was easy to seer why dr. might have been late for my visit, might I say, because he was very courteous and professional and took the time needed to addressed my health concerns.
Reviewed on Apr 27, 2018
Dr. Mehta is an excellent physician. He is very caring, supportive and thorough. I am fortunate to have Dr. Mehta taking care of me.
Reviewed on Mar 21, 2018
Dr. Mehta is kind and caring and very thorough. He never makes me feel rushed, and is always makes time for my questions.
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2018
very thorough although a lot of info to process.
Reviewed on Feb 16, 2018
Came 1900 miles to see Dr. Mehta and it was well worth it. He arranged a bronchoscopy & visit with a rheumatologist within a few days, so we would not have to come back. Dr. Machusek and Dr. Adam Brown were wonderful too. Gave me the option of follow up closer to home, but was so impressed with them, would rather come back to Cleveland Clinic.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.