Treatment & Services
- Advanced Diagnostic Bronchoscopy
- Lung Transplant
- Transtracheal Oxygen Therapy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acanthosis Nigricans
- Advanced Lung Disease
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Beryllium Disease
- Bronchogenic Carcinoma
- Carcinoid Syndrome
- Congenital Lung Disease
- Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (Wegener’s)
- Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
- Lung Cancer
- Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS)
- Tracheoesophageal Fistula
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Easton Hospital
Easton, PA USA
Residency - Saint Francis Medical Center
Trenton, NJ USA
Residency - Delaware County Memorial Hospital
Drexel Hill, PA USA
Residency - Sheth V.S. Hospital
Internship - Sheth V.S. Hospital
Medical Education - N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, Gujarat University
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Undergraduate - Saint Xaviers College
- Clinical Teaching Seminar, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 1997 (12 hours)
- Cleveland Clinic Office of Practice Management
Executive Program in Practice Management, 1994-1995 (96 hrs.)
- Lung Transplantation Externship Under Dr. James Theodore at Stanford University Hospital, Palo Alto, Calif., 1990 (2 weeks)
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Bronchology (2004-to date)
- Medical Director, Lung Transplantation
- “Maria & Sam Miller Master Educator of the Year-2006 Award,” Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, 2006
- Bruce Hubbard Stewart Award, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 1992 [In recognition of the ability to combine sensitivity and compassion with knowledge and skill in the practice of medicine]
- Presidential Citation Honor Lecture, American College of Chest Physicians, Montreal, Canada, 2005
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease
Advanced lung disease, asthma, congenital lung disease, lung cancer, lung transplantation, diagnosis and therapeutic bronchoscopy. Advanced lung disease, asthma, bronchitis, bronchogenic carcinoma, carcinoid syndrome, congenital lung disease, histoplasmosis, lambert-eaton myasthenic syndrome, lung cancer, malignant mesothelioma
Awards & Honors
- Most outstanding Resident, St. Francis Medical Center Trenton, N.J., 1979-1980
- Bruce Hubbard Stewart Award, Cleveland Clinic Foundation Cleveland, Ohio, 1992 [In recognition of the ability to combine sensitivity and compassion with knowledge and skill in the practice of medicine]
- Distinguished Physicians of the Year, Association of Indian Physicians of Northern Ohio, 1993
- International Center Physician of the Year Award for outstanding medical care and treatment of the international patients and support to the staff of the International Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 2000
- Fellowship Alumnus Recognition Award, Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, 2000
- Recognized as “Teacher of the Year,” Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, 2000-2001
- Elected as a member to the Fleishner Society, 2004
- Recognized as “Teacher of the Year,” Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 2005
- “Honorary Professor,” University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Tirgu Mures, Tirgu Mures, Romania, 2005
- “Dr. Dezso Kassay Medal of Honor” for outstanding achievements in the field of Bronchology, Hungarian Respiratory Society, Szekesfehervar, Hungary, 2005
- Presidential Citation Honor Lecture, American College of Chest Physicians: Chest 2005, Montreal, Canada, Oct. 29-30, 2005
Innovations & Patents
- 2006 Innovator Award, Cleveland Clinic (Bronchoscopic Catheter for the Implantation of Fiducial Markers)
- Flexible Biopsy and Aspiration Needle, Cleveland, Ohio, 2006
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Physicians,
- American College of Chest Physicians,
- International Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation
- American Association for Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 3/1/2023, Dr. Mehta has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
128 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
19 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Nov 8, 2023
All care providers were courteous, thorough and respectful. I would recommend Cleveland Clinic to anyone needing care.
Reviewed on Oct 17, 2023
I enjoy my appointments with Dr. Mehta.Very straight forward and to the point. I aappreciate that!Very friendly as well.
Reviewed on Oct 6, 2023
The doctor took care to stop and clearly explain everything about the tests and diagnosis to be sure that I understood completely possible future treatments and the necessity of continuing to monitor for advancement of my condition. He is very kind and knowledgeable.
Reviewed on Oct 5, 2023
Dr. Mehta is an excellent healthcare provider. He answered all my questions went over a treatment plan with me. Assure me I could contact him any time if I had any additional issues or concerns. I have recommended several family members to him. Dr. Mehta is a great asset to the cleveland clinic foundation.
Reviewed on Sep 20, 2023
Dr Metha is the very best-kind,caring, and knows his business!!!!!! Thanks Dr Metha!
Reviewed on Aug 22, 2023
Dr. Mehta is the main reason we drive back to the Clinic for care.
Reviewed on Aug 10, 2023
Never had any problems with Dr. Mehta or his staff.
Reviewed on Aug 2, 2023
Very pleased with the time and care Doctor Mehta has provided for me he's addressed concerns about me being under weight and placed me in Pulmonary Rehabilitation to get me stronger before my double lung transplant. He's also weening me off medications I don't need to be taking anymore. He is a wonderful caring doctor I would recommend to anyone who needs his services.
Reviewed on Jun 14, 2023
Shawn (Helped me schedule the appointment), and Dr. Mehta are absolutely incredible. The care and attention from the staff was amazing.Dr Mehta has incredible bedside manners. Was courteous to myself and my husband. Explained everything in detail with care. I am very lucky to have met with him. THANK YOU! He's incredible.
Reviewed on Jun 14, 2023
Dr. Mehta is incredible. He cares so much about his patients and takes his time explaining and ensuring you understand everything - Medical terms broken down clearly. He is a wonderful doctor and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the clinic.
Reviewed on May 26, 2023
Dr. Mehta is an outstanding doctor. We came to him after being told by another Dr. at another hospital there was nothing to do to help me. Dr. Mehta has me back on my feet and living the best life possible for a person with my condition.
Reviewed on Apr 12, 2023
The doctor was very helpful. Explained everything in terms I could understand
Reviewed on Apr 6, 2023
Provider went above and beyond explaining imaging and reviewed in detail - took an extensive period of time
Reviewed on Mar 23, 2023
Have very pleased for the most part with everything about dr. Mehta"s office. Had to wait a very long time to see him but I understand and it's not happened before
Reviewed on Mar 16, 2023
One of the best doctors I have
Reviewed on Jan 12, 2023
Dr. Meta has been excellent! He listens to me, helped me , explains things thoroughly and genuinely wants to help me!
Reviewed on Jan 10, 2023
I cannot speak highly enough about Dr. Meta. He is very knowledgeable, experienced, efficient and most importantly, a patient and most caring doctor.
Reviewed on Jan 10, 2023
I have repeatedly "sung the praises" of the Cleveland Clinic and Dr. Meta to my friends, family and acquaintances.
Reviewed on Dec 14, 2022
Was told I would be seen around 4-15-22 by Dr. Mehta . Received message saying it was in March .. I have called twice this week and have not received a call back to set spot in mid April . I see Dr. Mehta. Every 4 mos for follow up .
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.