Treatment & Services
- Clinical Trials
- Cortical Brain Mapping
- Epilepsy Pharmacotherapy with Call Office
- Epilepsy Surgery And Video Eeg Evaluation
- Epilepsy Surgery Evaluation
- Intraoperative Brain Mapping And Monitoring
- Specialized EEG With Subdural Grids
- Surgery In Brain Malformations
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation
- Video EEG Monitoring
- Wada Test
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Adult Epilepsy
- Benign Focal Epilepsies and Variants
- Brain Malformations Causing Epilepsy
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Geriatric Epilepsy
- Malformations Of Cortical Development
- Non-epileptic seizure disorder
- Seizure Manifestations
- Seizures - Febrile
- Sleep and Epilepsy Issues
- Status Epilepticus (continuous Seizures)
- Women's Health And Epilepsy
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Sacre Coeur Hospital
Medical School - Saint Joseph University Faculty of Medicine
- Research Programs Committees, Cleveland Clinic Foundation: Metabolic changes leading to neuronal damage in the temporal lobes of an epileptic model (July 1994-June 1995 and July 1995-June 1996).
- Cleveland Clinic Neuroscience Research Day (1994)
- Cleveland Clinic Neuroscience Research Day (1995)
- American Epilepsy Society: Glaxo Junior Investigator Award (1996)
- Principal Investigator: Epilepsy Foundation of America
- Principal Investigator: National Institutes of Health (K08 and R21)
- Principal Investigator: US Department of Defense
- Neurology - Clinical Neurophysiology
- Neurology - Epilepsy
Medical and surgical management of adult and geriatric epilepsy, malformations of cortical dysplasia, basic mechanisms of epilepsy, post-traumatic epilepsy.
Awards & Honors
- Cleveland Magazine Best Doctors (2006, 2007)
- Epilepsy Association of North East Ohio: Legacy Award (2006)
- Starthmore's Who's Who, Lifetime Member
- American Epilepsy Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Neurological Association
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/10/2016, Dr. Najm has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Najm receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Sunovian Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
41 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
3 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Oct 26, 2016
Dr Najm is the best doctor we have ever had. he truly cares about helping his patients.
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2016
I wish the doctor would go over my answers on my health assessment I had to take prior to my appointment.
Reviewed on May 19, 2016
Even though I had multiple questions physician sat down and spent the time to answer all.
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.