Treatment & Services
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopy and Gallstones
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Distal Splenorenal Shunt
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Hernia Open Repair Surgery
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemo-Therapy(HIPEC)
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
- Laparoscopic Incisional Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Liver Resection
- Laparoscopic Liver Surgery
- Laparoscopic Lymph Node Biopsy
- Laparoscopic Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Placement
- Laparoscopic Placement of CAPD Catheters
- Laparoscopic Radiofrequency Ablation Of Liver Tumors
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Digestive Diseases
- Liver Biopsy
- Liver Resection
- Liver Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pancreas Resection
- Pancreatic Surgery
- Robotic Hernia Repair
- Robotic Pancreas Surgery
- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Hernia
- Abdominal Mass
- Acute Pancreatitis
- Benign Liver Tumors
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Bile Duct Stones
- Bile Duct Tumors
- Extrahepatic Bile Duct Cancer
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastric Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Tumors
- Meckel's Diverticulum
- Metastatic Tumors Of The Liver
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Cysts
- Pancreatic Mass
- Pancreatic Stones
- Peritoneal Carcinomatosis
- Small Bowel Cancer
- Small Intestine Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Ventral Hernia
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - The London Clinic
HPB & UGI Surgery
Fellowship - Royal London Hospital
London, U.K. E11BB, United Kingdom
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic Florida
Weston, FL USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic Florida
Weston, FL USA
Residency - University of Texas Health Science Center
San Antonio, TX USA
Internship - University of Texas Health Science Center
San Antonio, TX USA
Medical Education - VSS Medical College
Liver surgery: liver tumors, liver cyst, liver metastasis Pancreas surgery: pancreas cancer, pancreatitis, pancreas cyst Complex biliary surgery: bile duct cancer, bile duct exploration, gallbladder cancer, Gastrointestinal surgery, HIPEC, advanced laparoscopic surgery
Awards & Honors
- Teacher of the Year, Cleveland Clinic Florida 9th Annual Graduation Ceremony, Florida, June 2022
- Podium Presentation 1st Prize, Ureter visualization with MAO426 in the Near Infrared Spectrum, Cleveland Clinic Florida 12th Annual Research week, Florida, June 2016
- Video Presentation 1st Prize, Laparoscopic Central Pancreatectomy for Cystic Adenoma, International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary World Congress, São Paulo, Brazil, April 2016
- Video Presentation 1st Prize, Laparoscopic Resection of periportal Schwannoma. 27th Annual Conference ACS South Florida Chapter, Florida, April 2016
- Most valuable resident, GME coordinator choice award, Cleveland Clinic Florida, June 2015
- Podium Presentation 1st Prize, Fluorescent cholangiography as an effective teaching tool for identification of Calot’s triangle. Cleveland Clinic Florida 11th Annual Research week, Florida, June 2015
- Senior Resident of the year, Cleveland Clinic Florida, June 2014
- Poster Presentation 1st Prize, The near infrared technique for cholangiography: 10 reasons that support that support the systematic utilization of the method. Cleveland Clinic Florida 10th Annual Research week, Florida, June 2014
- Resident Paper Competition 3rd Place Basic Science, The near infrared technique for cholangiography, 7th Annual Edward M. Copeland III ACS Florida Chapter, Florida, April 2014
- Nominated for Patient Safety Champion, Cleveland Clinic Florida, January 2014
- Resident of the year, Cleveland Clinic Florida, June 2013
- Resident Paper Competition 3rd Place Clinical Science, Comparing peritoneal contamination in LSG vs RYGB. 6th Annual Edward M. Copeland III ACS Florida Chapter, Orlando. May 2013
- Humanism and Excellence in Teaching award & Outstanding Resident Role Model; Arnold P. Gold Foundation Society, University of Texas Health Science Centre, San Antonio, Texas, June 2012
- Poster Presentation 2nd Prize, Outcomes of Bariatric Surgery in patients older than 70 years of age. 6th Annual Research week, Cleveland Clinic Florida, June 2010
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/3/2022, Dr. Roy has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
110 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
13 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Apr 11, 2022
The doctor was very thorough and explained the procedure. He was very nice and helpful.
Reviewed on Apr 6, 2022
Dr Roy was excellent but the staff at his office and the support staf are terrible
Reviewed on Mar 16, 2022
Excellent customer service and the doctor were very knowledgeable when answering my questions and made feel comfortable about doing the procedure.
Reviewed on Feb 15, 2022
I can't say enough about the above care providers they were so caring listen to everything I said talk to me with such respect answered any questions. They are the best I thank them
Reviewed on Feb 10, 2022
Dr Roy was outstanding!
Reviewed on Feb 1, 2022
First time I met Dr. Roy. He explained everything with great care. He pointed out and explained CT/MRI findings.
Reviewed on Dec 1, 2021
Doctors took time to thoroughly explain everything and calm my nerves.
Reviewed on Nov 29, 2021
Dr Roy was very generous with his time and explained and answered all my questions in great detail
Reviewed on Oct 4, 2021
*Dr. Roy is amazing.
Reviewed on Sep 27, 2021
Dr Roy is the best.
Reviewed on Jul 20, 2021
I had a great experience with Dr. Roy. He explained everything in a very thorough manner and was very respectful.
Reviewed on Jul 20, 2021
The care provider and the other provider that where with him gave me more information in that visit than I have whit my on surging , I will come back in 6 months and look forward to seeing him again
Reviewed on Jul 12, 2021
Appointment with Dr. Roy went smoothly. He and his team are very efficient and helpful. He takes his time to explain every thing and to answer questions and concerns.
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.