Treatment & Services
- Cardiovascular Medicine Department
- Clinical Trials
- Diagnostic Clinical Cardiology
- Endomyocardial Biopsy
- Heart Failure Management
- Heart Failure Section
- Hemodynamic Evaluation
- Intra-aortic Balloon Pumping
- Mechanical Assist Devices
- Non-Invasive Diagnostic Testing
- Ventricular Assist Device
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Diastolic Dysfunction
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Enlarged Heart
- Familial Cardiomyopathy
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy
- Right Heart Failure
- Shortness Of Breath
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX USA
Residency - University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Dallas, TX USA
Medical Education - Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX USA
Undergraduate - University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX USA
- Internal Medicine - Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
Advanced heart failure, left ventricular assist devices (LVADs), heart transplantation, echocardiography, cardiac amyloidosis, minimally invasive short-term devices to treat cardiogenic shock, endomyocardial biopsy, right heart catheterization and hemodynamic monitoring, coronary angiography
Awards & Honors
- Leadership Award, Houston Methodist Transplant Center VAD Program, 2011
- President’s Award for Transformational Excellence – Peer Reviewed Publication, Houston Methodist Research Institute, 2014
- Faculty Award for Academic Excellence, Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group Grant Program, 2016
- Institute of Academic Medicine (IAM) Award for Excellence in Peer Reviewed Publication, 2016
Innovations & Patents
- Dr. Estep played a key role in the development of a novel minimally invasive technique to place intra-aortic balloon pumps in the axillary (underarm) artery to permit patients with advanced heart failure to sit upright and walk. Several advanced heart failure centers nationwide have adopted this technique since its publication in 2013 to better help patients who require extended support for more than a few days.
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
46 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
4 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jan 24, 2019
I always have an excellent, comfortable, informative visit with Dr. Estep and staff.
Reviewed on Dec 12, 2018
Dr Estep was wonderful as it was our first encounter with him and the clinic. he made me feel as if I was his only patient and that he cared very much that I regained my health. he presented it that we would be a team toward that goal.
Reviewed on Nov 6, 2018
This was my first time to the Cleveland Clinic. The ease of going to the different test was incredible. Everyone was very helpful. The doctor and especially his assistant were terrific in explaining what we were doing.
Reviewed on Oct 10, 2018
this was my first visit. additional testing tomorrow. this doctor is very caring and more so very knowledgeable about my condition of heart failure
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.