In an effort to ensure our genetic healthcare professionals provide you with a comprehensive evaluation, we ask that our patients come prepared to their appointment. Based on the reason for your visit, we may request information prior to your initial appointment. Our patient service representative will instruct you regarding what to bring to your appointment.
Information about your referring or primary physician:
- Phone Number
- Fax Number (if applicable)
- Email (if applicable)
Information about you:
- Be prepared to discuss your personal and family health history. Learn more about compiling a family health history.
- Medical History
- Surgeries/Procedures (including Operative Reports)
- Imaging Films & Reports
- Pathology Reports
- Questions for your doctor - please prepare a list of specific questions that you would like to ask
Other important information to prepare for your visit:
- You will receive an appointment schedule in the mail prior to your visit. If your visit is scheduled as a same day appointment, you will receive your written schedule when you arrive at our clinic.
- Please report to the location indicated on your appointment schedule or by our patient service representative. Upon arrival, please show the receptionist your appointment schedule and insurance information.
- If this is your first appointment, please plan on being at Cleveland Clinic for two hours.
- You are encouraged to bring a family member or friend on the day of your appointment for support, though it is not absolutely necessary.
- If you have questions or need to reschedule your appointment, please contact our office as soon as possible.