South Pointe Hospital offers a variety of urological services to the community. Two surgical suites are specifically designed for urological procedures in order to provide for the most effective and immediate care.
Conditions treated include:
- Urogenic bladders
- Prostate benign and malignant conditions (including Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or BPH)
- Male sexual dysfunction
- Urinary incontinence
- Ureteral and kidney stones
- Genital warts
- Laser treatment/surgery
- Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP) – treats BPH
- Photoselective Vaporization of the Prostate (PVP) – treats BPH
- Cystoscopy – helps diagnose urinary problems
- Lithotripsy – breaks up kidney and ureteral stones
- Cryoablation – alternative treatment for prostate cancer
- Ureteroscopy – treats urinary or kidney stones
- Penile prosthesis insertion – used to treat males suffering from impotence
- Artificial sphincter insertion procedure
Patient Evaluations for Kidney Transplantation Now Available at South Pointe
Physicians from Glickman Urological & Kidney Institute’s No. 1 ranked urology and nephrology programs are now available in the Medical Office Building at South Pointe Hospital to see kidney disease patients interested in transplantation. Potential transplant candidates include patients suffering from chronic kidney disease (CKD) Stage 4 or 5, or patients currently receiving chronic dialysis treatment.
For more information or to begin the transplant referral process, please call 216.444.6996.
View more information regarding this service