Thank you for selecting Center for Family Medicine (CFM) for your family's healthcare needs. CFM physicians have provided a full range of primary care services to adults and children on Cleveland's West Side since 1976.
Lakewood Family Health Center is the medical office for the Center for Family Medicine and Cleveland Clinic's Family Medicine Residency Program. This residency program has served as the training site for more than 100 family physicians now practicing in our community.
All of our faculty physicians are board certified and hold faculty appointment at the CWRU School of Medicine. They oversee all direct patient care provided by our qualified resident physicians.
Our physicians maintain privileges at Fairview Hospital, which owns and operates CFM. In addition, all of our hospital care and most ancillary services (x-rays, medical tests, etc.) are provided at Fairview Hospital, or one of its convenient outpatient centers.
What We Treat
CFM offers a broad spectrum of primary care -- including obstetrics, pediatrics, geriatrics and behavioral health counseling.
- Ongoing care for common medical illnesses of adults and children, from the newborn to the geriatric patient.
- Women's healthcare and gynecology, including birth control, Pap tests and colonoscopy.
- Care of the pregnant woman, including delivery and newborn care.
- Care for acute illnesses and minor injuries, such as sprains, strains, cuts and fractures.
- Preventive medical care and health maintenance for all age groups, including all types of physical examinations.
- Common medical procedures, including minor skin surgery, wart treatment, toenail surgery, acupuncture, osteopathic manipulation and vasectomy.
- Home visits and nursing home visits to existing patients, when necessary.
- Individual patient education and nutrition counseling.
- Psychological counseling for children, families, couples and individuals.
- Chronic disease management.
Appointments & Locations
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 216.237.5500, and choose option 2.
Location & Hours
The Center is conveniently located in downtown Lakewood.
Lakewood Family Health Center
14601 Detroit Avenue
Lakewood, OH 44107
Mondays: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesdays: 8:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursdays: 8:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Fridays: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturdays: 8:30 a.m. - Noon
More Information About Your Visit
Insurance, Billing & Fees
CFM participates with most insurance plans, many HMOs and PPOs. Please call our office with any questions you may have about insurance coverage. Please bring your current insurance card with you to each visit.
We require payment at the time of service for all applicable co-payments, deductibles and services that are not covered under your insurance policy. We gladly accept cash, check or credit cards. For patients without insurance, we require payment for all services at the time of the office visit. For those with medical insurance, we will bill your plan directly.
When you select CFM as your healthcare provider, we ask that you complete an enrollment package on MyChart, Cleveland Clinic's online health management tool, before your first visit. This enables us to make an appointment for you quickly when necessary, and also assures that your doctor will have your basic medical information.
Please call to schedule appointments as far in advance as possible. This will help us in scheduling a time that is most convenient for you. It is also important to tell the receptionist all of the medical concerns you wish to discuss with the doctor. This will ensure that you have enough time to discuss your concerns with your doctor.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 216.237.5500 and choose option 2.
We reserve a number of office appointments each day for urgent conditions that must be treated immediately. If your medical condition requires an urgent visit, please call as early in the day as possible. For an urgent or same-day appointment, you may see a physician other than your personal doctor if he or she is not available.