Located at 14601 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood Family Health Center is a 64,700 square-foot, $34 million facility, which opened late summer of 2018.
“Welcome to a new generation in health care.” says James Hekman, MD, FACP, Medical Director, Cleveland Clinic Lakewood Family Health Center “Lakewood Family Health Center is focused on world class quality, outstanding service, strong educational programs and a commitment to be a valued and trusted community partner.”
Services in the Lakewood Family Health Center include:
- 24/7 full-service Emergency Department
- Center for Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Imaging and Lab services
- Diabetes Services, including diabetic eye exams
- Center for LGBT care, with providers who understand the health needs of LGBT patients, and access to specialists with expertise in their care
- Behavioral health services with a team of psychiatrists, therapists, advanced practice nurses and other specialists who are trained to manage complex mental health issues
- Center for Brain Health specialists providing diagnosis and ongoing treatment for patients with cognitive disorders and support services for family members who care for them
- Access to the Cleveland Clinic Mobile Stroke Treatment Unit, an ambulance equipped for on-site stroke diagnosis and treatment
- Pharmaceutical support for all Lakewood Family Health Center services
- Many other specialty services including endocrinology, urology, nephrology, allergy, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and neurology
Additional offerings for patients include group education and shared medical appointment rooms, patient-centered exam rooms designed to foster a more engaged interaction between the patient and provider, care coordination and population management specialists, and patient navigators.