To carry out this mission and foster the group practice of medicine, Cleveland Clinic must:
- Excel in specialized medical care supported by comprehensive research and education
- Develop, apply, evaluate and share new technology
- Attract the best qualified medical, scientific and support staff
- Excel in service
- Provide efficient access to affordable medical care
- Ensure that Cleveland Clinic quality underlies every decision
The vision of Cleveland Clinic: Striving to be the world's leader in patient experience, clinical outcomes, research and education.
When Cleveland Clinic welcomed its first patients on February 28, 1921, its mission was clearly in place: “Better care of the sick, investigation into their problems and further education of those who serve.”
The doctors who founded Cleveland Clinic, drawing from military medicine, believed in diverse specialists working and thinking as a unit. This kind of cooperation, efficiency and shared vision has fostered excellence in patient care, research and education. These principles endure today at Cleveland Clinic, a nonprofit group practice.
Statement of Values
Cleveland Clinic was established by visionary leaders who believed in simple, guiding principles. Six fundamental values form the foundation of the Cleveland Clinic's culture:
- Quality. We maintain the highest standards and achieve them by continually measuring and improving our outcomes.
- Innovation. We welcome change, encourage invention and continually seek better, more efficient ways to achieve our goals.
- Teamwork. We collaborate and share knowledge to benefit patients and fellow caregivers for the advancement of our mission.
- Service. We strive to exceed our patients’ and/or fellow caregivers’ expectations for comfort and convenience.
- Integrity. We adhere to high moral principles and professional standards by a commitment to honesty, confidentiality, trust, respect and transparency.
- Compassion. We demonstrate our commitment to world-class care by providing a caring and supportive environment for our patients, patients’ families and fellow caregivers.