Avon Hospital Visitor Guide - Welcome
Welcome to Cleveland Clinic Avon Hospital at Richard E. Jacobs Campus. It is our privilege to provide inpatient care closer to your community. We aim to provide the highest quality care in a safe environment while focusing on you as a person. Your comfort and the comfort of your loved ones during your hospitalization is important to us, and we will do what we can to provide an experience that will support you while you heal. This guide is provided to you as a resource to assist you and your loved ones during your stay. If you would like any additional information, please ask a caregiver.
Thank you for choosing Cleveland Clinic Avon Hospital.
Rebecca Starck, MD, FACOG
Important Phone Numbers
- Main Number: 440.695.5000
- Admitting: 440.695.5000
- Chaplain: 440.695.5177
- Medline Physician Referral Service: 866.733.6363
- Ombudsman: 440.695.5205
Wondering about visiting hours? At Cleveland Clinic Avon Hospital, we have open visitation. This means that you can visit loved ones in the hospital 24/7 — except in some ICU settings.
Visitor ID Badge
Cleveland Clinic has a Visitor Photo Badging System in its regional hospitals. Adult visitors need to show a valid photo ID to enter the hospital after normal visiting hours. Upon entering the Emergency Department entrance, visitors are given a badge that shows their name and photo, room destination and expiration date (extended badges are available). It must be worn on the outermost clothing.
Visitors who are unable to provide ID will not be denied entrance once the visit is confirmed, but they will be photographed.
Avon Hospital Badging Hours
Daily, 9 p.m. – 6 a.m.
Travel & Transportation
- Safe & Reliable Cab Company: 440.288.5466
- Amherst-Elyria Taxi: 440.988.8294
Parking is free.
Wheelchairs are available for use on the Richard E. Jacobs Campus at all drop-off entrances.
Security Police and Security Officers are available at 440.695.4090 or extension 4090. Officers patrol the hospital campus 24 a day and routinely round through all areas of the hospital. Officers are available 24/7 to escort family members or visitors to their vehicles if requested.
Patients are encouraged to leave all valuables at home or send them home with a family member. If this is not possible, there is a safe available in each patient room for your convenience. You may also ask a staff member to have your valuables locked in the hospital safe by the Security Department.
The Outpatient Pharmacy is located on the Ground Floor of the Richard E. Jacobs Health Center.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Bedside Delivery Program
If you have been admitted to Avon Hospital, we can assist you in filling your discharge prescriptions without ever leaving your room. A member of the pharmacy staff at the Richard E. Jacobs Health Center will come to your bedside and collect the necessary information from you and your caregivers and then deliver them to your bedside prior to your discharge. The pharmacy will accept most insurance plans and will also accept credit card payment at your bedside.
Accommodations & Services
The Spiritual Care Department at Avon Hospital is here to provide for the religious and spiritual needs of our patients, their families and loved ones, and to our staff and employees.
- Staff Chaplain. Our staff Chaplain is here to assist in providing for the holistic care of our patients, and is available weekdays from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Community Clergy and volunteers from specific faith traditions will visit patients of their tradition upon request.
- Meditation Room. Avon Hospital provides a Meditation Room just off of the main lobby. The Meditation Room is provided for people of all faiths or spiritual traditions, and is open 24 hours a day. A Prayer Request Binder is available in which you are welcome to include your specific intentions. They will be kept in prayer for 60 days.
- Reading Materials. The Spiritual Care Department provides religious literature, reflective reading, and prayer aids upon request. Prayer aids provided through the Spiritual Care Department include the Bible, Quran or prayer rugs, rosaries, electric Shabbat candles, pillows for meditating, etc.
- Communion. Communion is provided to patients by Eucharistic Ministers.
- Special Requests. Special Requests for Spiritual Care may be made by having your nurse complete a consult requisition for you.
In case of an emergency situation, please have the hospital operator page the Chaplain on Call.
Phone: 440.695.5205 or ext 5205 from a hospital phone.
The Ombudsman is the liaison between Avon Hospital and the patient in resolving problems that may arise during the course of treatment. We recommend that patients first attempt to address their concerns with the department in which the problem occurred. If you do not reach a resolution with the person providing your care, we encourage you to contact the department manager or supervisor. If these attempts are unsatisfactory, call our Ombudsman Office from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, or you can leave a message anytime. Presenting a complaint does not in itself compromise a patient’s future access to care.
Amenities & Dining
The Food and Nutrition Services Department is pleased to offer you Room Service. We offer a wide variety of hot and cold nutritious choices throughout the day. Perhaps more importantly, we understand that each meal should contribute to your well-being.
- Hours of Service: Daily, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
To Obtain a Menu and Place Your Order
Please use your phone and call ext. 5555. Meals are prepared fresh to order and delivered within 45 minutes. For your convenience, you may also pre-order your meals for the day to be delivered at a specific time. Family members may order for you from home by calling 440.695.5555 just ask your host or hostess for a paper copy of the menu for them to take home. Diabetic patients will need to coordinate their meals with their nurse.
Other Dining Options
- Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Vending machines are located at the entrance to the cafeteria on the first floor.