- Take all of your medicines exactly as prescribed.
- Keep a list of all your medicines and their dosages with you.
- Do not take any other medicines (over-the-counter or prescribed medicines) unless you talk to your doctor first.
- Don't stop taking your medicines unless you talk to your doctor first.
- Never double the dose of your medication.
- Do not keep outdated medication or medication that is no longer needed. Throw old medicines away.
- If you store your medicines in a container, label it with the medication name, dose, frequency, and expiration date.
- Keep your medicines in your carry-on luggage when you travel. Do not pack your medicines in a suitcase that is checked, in case the suitcase is lost.
- Take extra medicine with you when you travel in case your flight is delayed and you need to stay away longer than planned.
- Keep all of your scheduled appointments with your doctor or nurse.
- Call your doctor or nurse if you have any questions or concerns or if you have:
- Have your blood drawn promptly, as recommended by your transplant doctor or nurse.
- Follow your recommended dietary plan.
- Follow your recommended fluid intake.
- Follow your recommended exercise plan.
- Avoid being around anyone who has an infection.
© Copyright 1995-2013 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All rights reserved.
This information is provided by the Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider. Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.This document was last reviewed on: 4/15/2012...#4634