Our shoulder and upper extremity surgeons comprehensively treat conditions affecting your hand, wrist, elbow or shoulder. We perform hundreds of surgeries each year and offer extensive postoperative care to ensure you recover well. With every treatment, our goal is to help you achieve your highest level of function, free from pain.
Shoulder and Upper Extremity Surgery: Why Choose Cleveland Clinic Florida?
Patients who receive shoulder or upper extremity surgery with the specialists at Cleveland Clinic Florida benefit from:
- Advanced treatment options: Our orthopaedic surgeons offer a wide range of shoulder surgeries, including shoulder replacements, total joint replacements and minimally invasive joint surgery (arthroscopy). We use the most up-to-date and innovative shoulder replacement techniques, such as reverse total shoulder replacement, to offer optimal outcomes.
- High surgical volumes: We have some of the highest volumes in the country, meaning our surgeons have robust experience. Our specialists also offer outpatient joint replacements, which typically lead to faster recoveries and less pain.
- Team-based care: Our shoulder surgeons work closely with multiple teams to treat all conditions affecting the shoulders, arms, wrists or hands. Your treatment team may include the expertise of a shoulder surgeon, plastic surgeon, neurologist or rheumatologist. We also offer rehabilitation and sports therapy to help patients achieve a high quality of life.
- Coordinated, convenient services: We aim to offer all the services you need in a streamlined, coordinated manner. Patients have access to our services in multiple locations throughout South Florida and the Treasure Coast. We also perform outpatient joint replacements at our outpatient surgery and specialty care center.
What We Treat
Our shoulder and upper extremity surgeons treat a wide range of conditions. Some of the most common conditions we treat include:
Hand and wrist pain
We offer surgery for a variety of disorders causing hand and wrist pain, such as:
- Arthritis of the hand.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Cubital tunnel syndrome.
- De Quervain’s disease.
- Dupuytren’s disease.
- Trigger finger.
Conditions causing elbow pain may include:
Our specialists also treat various conditions that cause shoulder pain. Some of the most common conditions include:
- Biceps tendon injuries.
- Clavicle fractures.
- Frozen shoulder.
- Rotator cuff injuries.
- Rotator cuff tendonitis.
- Shoulder instability.
Shoulder Surgeries We Offer
If you need shoulder surgery, our specialists provide comprehensive treatment. We use minimally invasive approaches when possible so you benefit from a quicker recovery. Common shoulder surgeries include:
- Shoulder arthroscopy.
- Shoulder replacement surgery.
- Rotator cuff surgery.
Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
Our specialists perform hundreds of hand and upper extremity procedures each year. We offer nonsurgical treatments, arthroscopy, and shoulder, elbow, wrist and finger joint replacements.
Patients have access to comprehensive services in one convenient setting, including:
- State-of-the-art imaging, including CT scans, MRIs and fluoroscopy, a technique that uses real-time moving images.
- Pain management, including opioid-free options.
- Rehabilitation for the shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist.
- Surgery, including preoperative and postoperative care, for the shoulder, elbow, hand or wrist.
Appointments & Locations
Request an Appointment
American Society for Surgery of the Hand
The American Society for Surgery of the Hand website offers a wealth of information on injuries and/or disorders of the hand, wrist, and upper arm.
To learn more, visit: ASSH.org
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons engages in health policy and advocacy activities on behalf of musculoskeletal patients and the profession of orthopaedic surgery.
To learn more, visit: AAOS.org