From reviewing basic science including anatomy, physiology and biomechanics to providing a venue for the practice of advanced surgical techniques, the Orthopaedic Surgery Skills Laboratory is an invaluable resource for the development of its users.
The Skills Laboratory provides a convenient site for the development and evaluation of surgical products and techniques through arthroscopic practice on human cadaveric body regions, as well as various bone fixation techniques. Dry models are available for practice on basic techniques. The Skills Laboratory provides a centrally located space to train physicians on the latest procedures and hardware.
Outside Laboratory Scheduling
The Orthopaedic Surgery Skills Laboratory, an invaluable Cleveland Clinic healthcare resource, provides a venue for reviewing basic science including anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics to the practice of advanced surgical techniques. We provide a centrally located space to train physicians on the latest techniques, surgical advances and novel hardware. To enhance the educational experience, our staff will organize all arrangements to ensure the success of your program including CME, CEU, procurement of resources, housing, and catering. The fully interactive Orthopaedic Surgery Skills Laboratory facilitates your simulation experience with the ultimate goal of improved patient outcome.
For more information and to schedule, contact:
The Orthopaedic Surgery Skills Laboratory
c/o Andrew Steckler, Desk A40
9500 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44195
Features & Equipment
- State-of-the-art virtual reality arthroscopy simulator
- Dedicated full time lab personnel
- Fully integrated Cleveland Clinic MyLearning web-based arthroscopy curriculum
- 5 cadaveric arthroscopy stations with complete sets of instruments and equipment
- Wet and dry lab capabilities
- 2 fully operational surgical suites with lighting
- Video capture and review
- Fully digitally integrated computing with 50” HDTV monitor
- Mobile fluoroscopy stations
- Conference room seating 40 with digital multimedia capability
- Fully available for external users offering flexible scheduling opportunities