Cleveland Clinic Sports Health: THE SUMMIT
Discover new options in patient care that will keep you on the leading edge of sports medicine, as our experts present innovative ideas and thoughtful insights into today’s most challenging sports medicine issues.
You will have the chance to attend various presentations as concurrent agendas will be presented over the two day period. You may move back and forth between rooms to hear the presentation of your choice.
The following agendas are scheduled:
- CERVICAL AND THORACIC SPINE CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE ATHLETE- November 3
- THE OVERHEAD ATHLETE - November 3 & 4
- MANAGEMENT OF THE ORTHOPAEDIC SHOULDER - November 4
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the correct techniques and methods for performing orthopaedic examination and special tests on the cervical/thoracic spine, shoulder and elbow regarding how the results relate to injury diagnosis.
- Identify appropriate interventions for the prevention and rehabilitation of Shoulder rotator cuff, SLAP and elbow UCL reconstruction.
- Define current best practice in surgical versus non-surgical intervention of upper extremity injuries
- Explain and implement exercise techniques for multiple age patients and pathologies related to the cervical, thoracic spine, shoulder and elbow.
- Outline return to sport criteria and progression for various injuries
Continuing Education Units
Cleveland Clinic Sports Health (BOC AP #: P410) is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers. ATs can claim only hours actually spent in the educational program. According to the education levels described by the PDC, the following continuing education course is considered to be Advanced.
- This program is eligible for a maximum of 15.5 hours of Category A hours/CEUs for Friday, November 3, and Saturday, November 4, 2017
- This course is being submitted to the Ohio Physical Therapy Board for 7.75 CEUs for Friday, November 3, and 7.75 CUEs for Saturday, November 4, 2017
- FEE: $325
- 1 Day Option: $175
- Fees Include: course material (format TBD), continental breakfast, lunch each day
- Registrations postmarked after October 20, 2017 will incur an additional $25.00 fee
- If you wish to register after October 28, 2017, please email first due to proximity to course date.
- If you register and pay via credit card online, please do not mail in a registration form.
- If you are paying by check, please print the attached registration form and send it with your check to the address listed on the form.
A $50.00 processing fee will be applied to cancellations on or before Friday, October 20 2017. No refunds will be issued for cancellations after Friday, October 20, 2017. Cancellations must be received in writing.
Cleveland Clinic Sports Health reserves the right to cancel our courses within 15 days of the date of the course.
A full refund will be issued in the event of a cancellation.
Homewood Suites Hilton
25725 Central Parkway Beachwood, Ohio 44122
Room Rate: Rooms starting at $132.00 plus applicable taxes
Please ask for the Cleveland Clinic rate when calling by phone.
Online room rate: Visit the Cleveland Clinic Homewood Suites Reservation Page
For Questions Only: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information: www.sports-health.org/education