This program is developed to the specific clinical and administrative interests of the participating physician. Participants engage in one-on-one clinical and surgical observations, shadow staff involved in departmental administrative functions, while examining best practices and operational strengths of Cleveland Clinic.
Who is Eligible?
Fully trained international physicians and specialists with several years of medical practice and who may or may not hold administrative roles in their hospitals.
Fully trained physicians with clear and specific learning objectives who may have a limited timeframe to participate in an education program.
Below are some of the clinical and surgical specialties in which our preceptors have participated. Every clinical and surgical specialty at Cleveland Clinic is an option, so please inquire!
- Allergy and Immunology
- Allogen Lab
- Anesthesia, Cardiothoracic
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac Implantable Electronic Devices
- Catheter Ablation for Cardiac Arrhythmias
- General Surgery
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Hepatobilliary and Transplant
- Interventional Radiology
- Radiation Oncology
Preceptorships are available in almost every subspecialty. Below are some recent examples.
Duration & Cost
Preceptorships can be arranged for one to eight weeks, depending on the participant’s availability as well as program complexity.
Cost varies between $2,000 and $10,000, depending on the program duration and structure.
How to Apply to the International Preceptorship Program
Please use our online application form below.
After we receive your information, a member of our staff will contact you to discuss your objectives and will prepare a program outline for you to review. You also will be given the program cost and other details.
Please note that preparing for this program takes time. Thus, we kindly request that you submit your inquiry at least four months before your intended dates of visit.
- Each applicant is responsible for ensuring their application is complete.
- The Review Committee will not consider any additional changes once an application has been submitted for review.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all information and supporting documents provided are authentic and accurate.
- We reserve the right to request additional information or verification of information and documents submitted. If an applicant is unable to do so, we reserve the right to withdraw consideration of the application.
- Applicants assume all costs associated with authenticating, retrieving and submitting documents and material in support of their application and fulfillment of observership.
- Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who are not accepted into the program.