E15 Matrix Data Set
The top seven common operation procedures are collected for all hospitals doing cardiac surgery in the USA (approximately 1050 sites). An institution can match its own outcomes versus those of all other institutions as shown in the table for the first seven operations. The observed mortality for these operations at Cleveland Clinic are shown versus the predicted mortality rates across the country.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons requests outcomes reports from participating hospitals in order to provide the public with data and hospital ratings across the country.
The matrix table also shows our procedure volumes and outcomes for other complications.
January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017 (View the PDF)
- CABG - Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- AVR - Aortic Valve Replacement
- MVR - Mitral Valve Replacement
- MV - Mitral Valve
- VAD - Ventricular Assist Device
- TAVR - Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- Reop - Reoperation
- Vent - Ventilator
- DSW - Deep sternal Wound (Infection)