Patients come to Cleveland Clinic’s Bariatric and Metabolic Institute from across the county and around the world because of our outcomes.
Together, world-class surgeons, physicians, anesthesiologists, psychologists, counselors, dieticians and specialized nurses focus on your long-term weight loss success, with the #1 bariatric surgery program in Ohio or a non-surgical medical weight loss treatment plan. With help from our specialists in sleep disorders, gastroenterology and nutrition, cardiology, internal medicine and other obesity-related fields, as needed, our patients receive the support they need for a permanent return to health.
You could be a candidate for surgical weight loss if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You are more than 100 lbs. over your ideal body weight.
- You have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of over 40.
- You have a BMI of over 35 and are experiencing severe negative health effects, such as high blood pressure or diabetes, related to being severely overweight.
- You are unable to achieve a healthy body weight for a sustained period of time, even through medically-supervised dieting.
Pioneering surgeons at the Bariatric & Metabolic Institute perform more than 95 percent of all procedures with minimally invasive (laparoscopic) techniques, improving our patients' healing and recovery time. Patients can also find support from Cleveland Clinic specialists and other patients in our ongoing support groups and classes designed to help patients achieve the best outcome possible. For patients who choose not to undergo surgery, or for those who are ineligible, the Bariatric and Metabolic Institute offers medical management for weight loss.
- Learn more about our Bariatric and Metabolic Institute
- Sign up for an online or in-person weight loss seminar
To make an appointment with a Bariatric & Metabolic Institute specialist, please call 216.445.2224.