Cleveland Clinic's craniofacial surgery for adults includes restoration or reconstruction of the head and neck area. Surgical need could range from the routine to the complex, and may be a result of such factors as:
- Damage from cancer, infections, drugs, radiation (osteoradionecrosis)
- Congenital or post surgical deformities
Our reconstructive plastic surgeons work hand-in-hand with medical and radiation oncologists, as well as physicians who specialize in head and neck radiology and pathology, ensuring a multidisciplinary team approach offering a high quality of care for patients.
Our team of craniofacial surgeons were the first in the United States to perform a near-total facial transplant and bring a novel expertise to this field.
- Learn more about the first facial transplant at our Center for Reconstructive Transplantation.
Research also plays a key role, as our surgeons collaborate to maximize research of aggressive melanomas of the head and neck.
- Learn more about our Department of Plastic Surgery Research & Innovations.
- Visit our Melanoma Program.
To make an appointment or speak with one of our adult craniofacial and head and neck reconstructive specialists, call 216.444.2501 or toll-free at 800.223.2273 ext. 42501.