Treatment & Services
- Care of GI Problems in Metabolic Disorders
- Care of Liver Related Metabolic Problems
- Care of Liver Transplant Patients
- Center for Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Diagnostic Endoscopy
- Hydrogen Breath Test
- Infusion Therapy
- Lactose and Glucose Hydrogen Breath Test
- Liver Transplantation
- Motility Catheter Placement
- Pediatric Liver Transplantation
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Small Bowel Rehabilitation In Children
- Small Intestine Short Bowel Rehab
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Variceal Band Ligation
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Avoiding Dehydration, Proper Hydration
- Biliary Atresia
- Bowel Incontinence
- Celiac Disease (Celiac Sprue)
- Crohn's Disease
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome
- Diseases of the Liver Biliary Tract and Pancreas
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis
- Failure To Thrive
- Foreign Body Ingestion
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
- GI Bleeding
- Glycogen Storage Disease
- Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome in Children
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hirschsprung's Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Intestinal Failure
- Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction
- Lactose Intolerance
- Liver Disease
- Metabolic Diseases
- Milk Allergy
- Mitochondrial Disease
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Pancreatic Disease
- Pediatric Crohn's Disease
- Pediatric Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome
- Pediatric Growth Failure In Children With Kidney Disease
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Radiation Enteritis
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth
- Swallowing Disorders
- Tracheoesophageal Fistula
- Ulcerative Colitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - Leicester General Hospital
Neonatal Intensive Care/General Pediatrics
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - Northampton General Hospital
Specialist Registrar in Pediatrics
Medical Education - Wexham Park Hospital
Senior House Officer in Pediatrics
Medical Education - Rotary Clinic & Hospital
Registrar in Pediatrics
Medical Education - Medical College, University of Kerala
Residency - Medical College, University of Kerala
Medical Education - Medical College, University of Kerala
Undergraduate - Government Arts College
- Pediatric Residency, S.A.T. Hospital, Trivandrum, Kerala, India, 1992-1995
- Pediatric Training, Royal College of Physicians, U.K; Training at Leicester Teaching Hospital Rotation, 3 years, and at Slough District Hospital,1 year; 1996-2000
- Medical Director, Nutritional Support and Intestinal Rehabilitation, Children's Hospital, Cleveland Clinic
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University
- Cyclic Vomiting Clinic, Cleveland Clinic; third clinic in the nation for this disorder for children. Dr. Radhakrishnan runs clinic in conjunction with Dr. Sumit Parikh, Pediatric Neurology, Cleveland Clinic.
- Pediatrics - Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatrics - Pediatric Transplant Hepatology
Chronic pancreatitis, cyclic vomiting, diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, Intestinal failure and small bowel rehabilitation in children, liver disorders in children and care of liver transplant patients, metabolic disorders - GI problems in metabolic disorders and liver related metabolic problems, including Glycogen Storage Disease
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctor, Pediatric Gastroenterology, 2009 onwards
- America's Top Gastroenterologists, Consumers' Research Council of America, 2006 onwards
- Staff Teacher of the Year, voted by pediatric residents, Cleveland Clinic, 2007
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Association for Study of Liver Disease
- Permanent Registration, State Medical Board of Ohio
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/1/2022, Dr. Radhakrishnan has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
34 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
8 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Dec 8, 2022
He is the most wonderful doctor. Kind, compassionate, knowledgeable. He is friendly and is a great listener. He really cares about the patient and their family. One of the best doctors I have ever met.
Reviewed on Jul 22, 2022
Dr. Radhakrishnan is wonderful. Extremely attentive, thorough and compassionate.
Reviewed on Jul 19, 2022
We love Dr. Kadakkal R Radhakrishnan. He is awesome and cares about my child.
Reviewed on Jun 14, 2022
Dr. K is an Angel. One of the kindest, most thorough, and personable doctors Ive ever met. He explained things both by talking and by drawing diagrams. He Involved us In the conversation, he was kind and gentle with our son, and had clearly reviewed the chart before he came to see us. This man is a prize for your organization and should be given all the awards and accolades you have. I really cannot state enough how lovely he was.
Reviewed on Jun 3, 2022
Dr Radhakrishnan is phenomenal!! He had taken the utmost care of Mitchell and we are forever grateful! He also made a referral to an adult GI doctor closer to home / thankful!
Reviewed on Apr 14, 2022
Dr. Radhakrishan is an amazing doctor. Words can not express our gratitude for him, and what he has done for our daughter. We are beyond lucky to have him as our doctor! He's just an all-around wonderful person, and leader in the medical profession.
Reviewed on Jan 26, 2022
Dr. Radhakrishnan was helpful and informative. Medical student taking notes and providing info to Dr. Documented a lot of information incorrectly.
Reviewed on Jan 21, 2022
He was amazing. He took excellent care of Hayden and made him feel very at ease. When you've seen so many different doctors, and you get this kind of careit means so much to us.
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.