Treatment & Services
- Arm Lift
- Body Lift
- Breast Implant Exchange
- Breast Lift
- Brow Lift
- Buttock Lift
- Chin/cheek Implants
- Ear Reconstruction
- Endoscopic Cosmetic Surgery
- Eyelid And Oculoplastic Surgery
- Fat Injections
- Injectables And Fillers For Facial Rejuvenation
- Keloid Removal
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Peels
- Laser Surgery
- Lip Enhancement
- Plastic Surgery
- Scar Revisions
- Scar Surgery
- Skin Grafting
- Thigh Lifts
- Wrinkle Fillers
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Excess Skin After Weight Loss
- Facial Aging
- Mastectomy Defects
- Nose Deformity
- Sebaceous Cysts
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Tags
- Skin Tears
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic Florida
Weston, FL USA
Residency - New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center
NY, NY USA
Residency - University of Miami School of Medicine - Jackson Memorial Hospital
Miami, FL USA
Internship - University of Miami School of Medicine - Jackson Memorial Hospital
Miami, FL USA
Medical School - Vanderbilt University College of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine
Nashville, TN USA
Undergraduate - City University of New York
New York, New York,
- Annual Baker-Gordon Symposium on Cosmetic Surgery;
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Scientific Meeting;
- Optimizing Aesthetic Results and Patient Safety with Injectables;
- Annual Innovations in Aesthetic Surgery: A Multidisciplinary Symposium;
- Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons, Annual Meeting;
- Innovations in Aesthetic Surgery: A Multidisciplinary Symposium;
- Technical Innovations in Plastic Surgery, Second Annual Meeting;
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Annual Meeting;
- New Techniques in Plastic Surgery;
- Body Contouring Following Massive Weight Loss;
- Master’s Class;
- Breast Reconstruction and Breast Augmentation;
- Sixth Annual Rhinoplasty Course;
- Laser Treatment of Pigmented and Vascular Lesions;
- Patient Safety in Plastic Surgery;
- Laser Safety for Credentialed Physicians;
- Program Director - Plastic Surgery Residency
- Head of Clinical Research, Department of Plastic Surgery
- Educational Director, Cleveland Clinic Florida Department of Plastic Surgery
- Associate Clinical Professor - Florida International University
- Editor-In-Chief - WikiDoc, The Living Textbook of Plastic Surgery
- Editorial Board - Annals of Plastic Surgery
- Editorial Reviewer - Journal of Clinical Oncology
- Plastic Surgery
Microsurgical breast reconstruction, cosmetic breast surgery, non-invasive cosmetic surgery, abdominoplasty, body contouring, botox injections, laser surgery
Innovations & Patents
- Pioneered use of laser-assisted imaging in microsurgical breast reconstruction
- Pioneered several non-invasive cosmetic technologies at Cleveland Clinic Florida
- Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Broward Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Miami Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 8/16/2017, Dr. Newman has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Newman receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Novadaq Technologies, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
92 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.6|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
5 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jan 8, 2018
very clear, concise, recapping what we had discussed. dr Newman has a way of making treatment a joint decision.
Reviewed on Nov 8, 2017
Best care I have ever received by a dr. in my life. Thank you.
Reviewed on Nov 3, 2017
Could not have had a better team than Dr. Martin Nowman and his staff. His skills are excellent and will/would recommended him to anyone looking for plastic surgery.
Reviewed on Jun 27, 2017
clear & honest communication
Reviewed on Jun 20, 2017
care provider seem reluctant to treat me.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.