Treatment & Services
- Ablation of Atrial Arrhythmias
- Ablation of Complex Arrhythmias
- Ablation of Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Ablation Therapy for Atrial Fibrillation
- Ambulatory Arrhythmia Monitoring
- Antiarrhythmic Drug Therapy
- Arrhythmia Ablation
- Arrhythmia Detection
- Arrhythmia Management Including Cardioversion
- Arrhythmia Mechanisms
- Atrial Fibrillation Center
- BIV ICD Implantation
- Biventricular Pacemaker
- Biventricular Pacemakers and ICD implants and follow up
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Electrophysiology & Pacing Section
- Cardiac Implantable Devices
- Cardiac Implantable Electronic Device
- Cardiac Implantable Electronic Device Optimization (programming)
- Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Devices
- Catheter Ablation
- Defibrillator - Follow Up
- Defibrillator Implantation
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG)
- Electrocardiograph Tests
- Electrophysiologic Monitoring
- Electrophysiology Studies (EP)
- ICD Implants
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
- Implantable Loop Recorder
- Interpretation of EEG in the critical care setting
- Lead Extraction (ICD, Pacemaker)
- Pacemaker - Permanent
- Pacemaker Follow-up
- Pacemaker Implant
- Pacemaker Lead Extraction
- Pacemaker Lead Replacement
- Percutaneous and Endoscopic Interventions for Atrial Fibrillation
- Pulmonary Vein Ablation Procedure
- Surgical Procedures for Atrial Fibrillation
- Temporary Pacemakers
- Tilt Test
- Ventricular Arrhythmia Center
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abnormal Heart Rhythms
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Flutter
- Atrial Tachycardia
- Atrioventricular (AV) Block
- Atrioventricular Nodal Reentry Tachycardia (AVNRT)
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve Disease
- Brugada Syndrome
- Bundle Branch Block
- Cardiac Device Infections
- Cardiac Implantable Electronic Device Infection
- Catecholaminergic Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia
- Genetics of Arrhythmias
- Heart Blocks
- Heart Rhythm Problems
- Infected Cardiac Devices
- Junctional Rhythm
- Long QT Syndrome (LQTS)
- Mahaim Fiber
- Post Maze Arrhythmia
- Pre-Excitation Syndrome
- Premature Ventricular Complexes
- Sinus Node Dysfunction
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Sudden Cardiac Death (Sudden Cardiac Arrest)
- Supraventricular Arrhythmia
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome (WPW)
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - Cleveland Clinic
Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cardiovascular Institute of Buenos Aires
Internship - Cardiovascular Institute of Buenos Aires
Medical School - University of Buenos Aires School of Medicine
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Medical School - Reference Source
- Cardiac Pacing and Cardioversion Defibrillation - Cardiovascular Disease
antiarrhythmic drug therapy, biventricular pacemakers and ICD implants and follow up, congestive heart failure, implantable defibrillators, pacemakers, pulmonary vein isolation for atrial fibrillation, radiofrequency catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias, resynchronization therapy, transcatheter laser lead extraction
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 3/31/2018, Dr. Helguera has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
207 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.7|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
10 Patient Comments
Reviewed on May 21, 2018
the Nurse had to call Dr Hleguera back to the room since he said something about a 24 hour monitor, but did not write up or told when or where to do this
Reviewed on May 21, 2018
DR. Helguera always have been very communicative and willing to listen and comment
Reviewed on May 2, 2018
wonderful doctor very caring and profesional
Reviewed on Apr 18, 2018
My experience at the Clinic was very good. The doctor was knowledgeable and anxious to take care of my health issues as soon as possible. He went out of his way to assist me immediately because we had traveled quite a long distance (4 hours). We appreciated his caring manner.
Reviewed on Mar 5, 2018
Excellent care by my doctor and his staff.
Reviewed on Mar 5, 2018
The doctor and staff are an asset to Cleveland Clinic.
Reviewed on Oct 30, 2017
Dr Helguera always reminds me the importance of staying within range on relevant test results.
Reviewed on Oct 9, 2017
Dr. Helguera is a brilliant, details doctor that knows how to get to the point in a friendly and caring manner. He knows his stuff and has given me back the quality of life that i never thought i would get back. Thank you!
Reviewed on Sep 25, 2017
Dr Helguera is VERY competent and pleasant. However, the office always seems rushed.
Reviewed on Aug 28, 2017
Very explanatory clear detail
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.