Treatment & Services
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Laparoscopic Gynecologic Cancer Surgery
- Laparoscopic Gynecological Surgery
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Prophylactic Salpingo-oophorectomy
- Robotic Gynecologic Cancer Surgery
- Section of Gynecologic Oncology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abnormal Pap Smears
- Cervical Cancer
- Endometrial Cancer
- Gestational Trophoblastic Tumor
- Hereditary Gynecologic Cancers
- Molar Pregnancy
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Sarcoma
- Vaginal Cancer
- Vulvar Cancer
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Buffalo, NY USA
Residency - The Ohio State University Hospitals
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Columbus, OH USA
Residency - Ohio State University Hospital
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Columbus, OH USA
Residency - Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN USA
Residency - Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Nashville, TN USA
Medical Education - Boston University School of Medicine
Boston, MA USA
Medical School - Saint Louis University School of Medicine
St. Louis, MO USA
Undergraduate - University of Connecticut
Biochemistry and Biophysics
Storrs, CT USA
- Laser Certification, Grant Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, 1984
- Laser Certification, Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Buffalo, N.Y., 1988
- Principal Investigator: Gynecologic Oncology Group, 1990-1992, 1995-Current
- Study Chairman: Gynecologic Oncology Group, various trials
- Study Chairman: SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals. A Phase I study of oral topotecan and liposomal doxorubicin (Doxil) as second-line therapy in ovarian, peritoneal and tubal carcinoma. A Phase I/II study of carboplatin and topotecan as second-line therapy in platinum-sensitive ovarian or peritoneal carcinoma.
- Study Chairman: Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceuticals. A Phase II study of weekly paclitaxel and carboplatin as second-line therapy in platinum-sensitive ovarian or peritoneal carcinoma.
- Study Chairman: Eli Lilly & Company. A phase II randomized study of gemcitabine and carboplatin utilizing two different dose schedules in patients with recurrent ovarian or peritoneal carcinoma.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology - Gynecologic Oncology
Cervical Cancer, Endometrial Cancer, gynecologic cancer surgery, gynecologic oncology, Laparoscopic Surgery, molecular basis of gynecologic cancers, Ovarian Cancer, ovarian cancer screening and treatment, vulvar cancer
Awards & Honors
- Faculty Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Massachusetts, 1991
- Faculty Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mt. Sinai Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio, 1994
- Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology (APGO), Medical Student Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, 1998
- Best Doctors, Cleveland magazine, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2006-2008, 2010, 2012, 2014
- Gynecologic Oncology Group Principal Investigator (PI): 2/1990-11/1992, 2/1995-7/2002, 1/2004-Current; Affiliate PI: 11/1992-2/1995, 7/2002-1/2004; Member, Developmental Therapeutics Committee: 1/1996-Current (Section Head, Cervical Cancer 1/2003); Member, Phase I Committee: 1/1997-Current; Member, Ovarian Committee: 1/1998-Current
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons, 1992-1998
- New England Cancer Society, 1991-1992
- New England Association of Gynecologic Oncologists; Candidate Member 1989, Member 1992-Current
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists; Candidate Member 1989, Member 1992; Member Education Committee, 1994-1997; Editor of SGO Issues, 1995-1998; Member of the Communications Committee, 1996-1997; Member of the Coding Committee, 1999-Current; Member of the Program Committee, 2001
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/1/2018, Dr. Rose has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
372 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
26 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 21, 2018
Dr. Rose continues to be a wonderful and supportive health care provider. He is a very thorough, knowledgeable, warm, caring physician. He always has time to listen and has been immensely important in helping me and my family deal successfully with my cancer. I am so much in his debt!
Reviewed on Jun 21, 2018
Dr. Rose has always explained everything thoroughly and has treated me with respect and consideration.
Reviewed on Jun 14, 2018
Dr. Rose and his staff are amazing!! I am alive today because of him. Any questions or concerns I have are answered quickly and if i need appointment he makes room on his schedule to see me. I have so much confidence in Dr. Rose and his team. And I know that they genuinely care about my progress on my cancer journey.
Reviewed on May 24, 2018
My experience with the Cleveland Clinic, my doctor and his staff has been excellent. I'm right where I'm supposed to be at this point - and wouldn't go anyplace else for my care.
Reviewed on May 14, 2018
This appointment was made by another Dr.'s office. I did not call myself but was lucky to get in within 3 days. Dr. Rose was very personable but I am somewhat uncomfortable that he always seems to be in a hurry when speaking with me. I feel like I have questions but he is already out the door before I can ask them. He admitted me to the hospital, his team was very accessible.
Reviewed on Apr 26, 2018
I waited for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes in the waiting room before being called in to Dr. Rose's office.
Reviewed on Apr 24, 2018
I can't say enough about Cleveland Clinic and Dr. Peter Rose. I was diagnosed with MMMT (Carcinosarcoma) a a very rare form of incurable, very aggressive type of ovarian cancer and did my research (I live in Cincinnati) and knew that Cleveland Clinic was where I wanted to have my surgery. I do not think I would be alive today had I not chose Cleveland Clinic and Dr. Peter Rose. \
Reviewed on Apr 24, 2018
EVERYONE IN DR. ROSE'S OFFICE IS EXTREMELY FRIENDLY AND COURTEOUS!
Reviewed on Apr 19, 2018
came for a second opinion. was given lots of information I found helpful. awaiting his recommendations to my current doctor. wonderful service. also your very short wait times for appointments makes me feel valued as a patient, and not just a chart of to do's.
Reviewed on Apr 12, 2018
Dr. Peter Rose is one of the most caring doctors I've ever had. he genuinely cares for his patients and I am Thankful to be one of them.
Reviewed on Mar 28, 2018
*Dr. Rose & team are wonderful!
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2018
I especially liked that the Dr. introduced his residents and staff introduced themselves
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2018
all good. Dr. Rose is a very caring and kind doctor as well as Dr. Videctic andmy primary care doctor - Dr. Hughes.
Reviewed on Jan 9, 2018
*Dr. Peter Rose is an excellent physician. Very knowledgeable and skilled and personable. He helped me greatly.
Reviewed on Jan 4, 2018
Dr Rose is taking excellent care of me..
Reviewed on Nov 30, 2017
VERY INFORMATIVE .
Reviewed on Nov 17, 2017
Dr. Rose is the best Dr. I know! If I had to chooses one Dr. for over all care, it would be Dr. Peter Rose. He's amazing!
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2017
Dr. Rose is always pleasant, kind very professional and knowledgeable.
Reviewed on Nov 13, 2017
Dr. Rose is awesome!
Reviewed on Oct 30, 2017
Dr. Rose - excellent!
Reviewed on Sep 11, 2017
Dr. Rose is wonderful. I am so lucky that I was able to be his patient.
Reviewed on Aug 3, 2017
Reviewed on Jul 31, 2017
I felt Dr. Rose was blowing off my concern.
Reviewed on Jul 28, 2017
Dr. Rose reads from the records during the appt and seems to know nothing about me except what he reads. He tho't I was still on meds that had been stopped 7 yrs prior to the latest appt. I understand that he has a lot of patients, but could he review the chart/records before he sees me?
Reviewed on Jul 20, 2017
Dr. Rose explains things well and answers questions. He an excellent and kind doctor. Elaine, the physician's assistant is very helpful too.
Reviewed on Jul 6, 2017
I am currently seeing Dr. Rose every six months...appointments are quickly arranged. No problems!
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.