Treatment & Services
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Laparoscopic Gynecologic Cancer Surgery
- Laparoscopic Gynecological Surgery
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Prophylactic Salpingo-oophorectomy
- Robotic Gynecologic Cancer Surgery
- Section of Gynecologic Oncology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abnormal Pap Smears
- Cervical Cancer
- Endometrial Cancer
- Gestational Trophoblastic Tumor
- Hereditary Gynecologic Cancers
- Molar Pregnancy
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Sarcoma
- Vaginal Cancer
- Vulvar Cancer
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Buffalo, NY USA
Residency - The Ohio State University Hospitals
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Columbus, OH USA
Residency - Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN USA
Medical School - Boston University School of Medicine
Boston, MA USA
Medical School - Saint Louis University School of Medicine
St. Louis, MO USA
Undergraduate - University of Connecticut
Biochemistry and Biophysics
Storrs, CT USA
- Laser Certification, Grant Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, 1984
- Laser Certification, Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Buffalo, N.Y., 1988
- Principal Investigator: Gynecologic Oncology Group, 1990-1992, 1995-Current
- Study Chairman: Gynecologic Oncology Group, various trials
- Study Chairman: SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals. A Phase I study of oral topotecan and liposomal doxorubicin (Doxil) as second-line therapy in ovarian, peritoneal and tubal carcinoma. A Phase I/II study of carboplatin and topotecan as second-line therapy in platinum-sensitive ovarian or peritoneal carcinoma.
- Study Chairman: Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceuticals. A Phase II study of weekly paclitaxel and carboplatin as second-line therapy in platinum-sensitive ovarian or peritoneal carcinoma.
- Study Chairman: Eli Lilly & Company. A phase II randomized study of gemcitabine and carboplatin utilizing two different dose schedules in patients with recurrent ovarian or peritoneal carcinoma.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology - Gynecologic Oncology
Cervical Cancer, Endometrial Cancer, gynecologic cancer surgery, gynecologic oncology, Laparoscopic Surgery, molecular basis of gynecologic cancers, Ovarian Cancer, ovarian cancer screening and treatment, vulvar cancer
Awards & Honors
- Faculty Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Massachusetts, 1991
- Faculty Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mt. Sinai Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio, 1994
- Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology (APGO), Medical Student Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, 1998
- Best Doctors, Cleveland magazine, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2006-2008, 2010, 2012, 2014
- Gynecologic Oncology Group Principal Investigator (PI): 2/1990-11/1992, 2/1995-7/2002, 1/2004-Current; Affiliate PI: 11/1992-2/1995, 7/2002-1/2004; Member, Developmental Therapeutics Committee: 1/1996-Current (Section Head, Cervical Cancer 1/2003); Member, Phase I Committee: 1/1997-Current; Member, Ovarian Committee: 1/1998-Current
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons, 1992-1998
- New England Cancer Society, 1991-1992
- New England Association of Gynecologic Oncologists; Candidate Member 1989, Member 1992-Current
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists; Candidate Member 1989, Member 1992; Member Education Committee, 1994-1997; Editor of SGO Issues, 1995-1998; Member of the Communications Committee, 1996-1997; Member of the Coding Committee, 1999-Current; Member of the Program Committee, 2001
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 5/1/2017, Dr. Rose has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
193 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.7|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.4|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
8 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jul 6, 2017
I am currently seeing Dr. Rose every six months...appointments are quickly arranged. No problems!
Reviewed on Jun 9, 2017
Always have great visits with Dr. Rose. The best doctor!
Reviewed on Apr 20, 2017
Dr. Rose has a plan for me and a chemo regime.
Reviewed on Jan 28, 2017
Dr. Rose is amazing.
Reviewed on Nov 29, 2016
Very good first time there (great).
Reviewed on Oct 28, 2016
Dr. Rose has been my care provider for over 6 years. He has always treated me with respect. He's answered all my questions and concerns. He has always been professional and courteous with my family and I.
Reviewed on Oct 20, 2016
Reviewed on Sep 29, 2016
No one wants to be sick but if you are, like I, I couldn't have had a better experience. It was remarkable: the staff #1. The appointment schedule & desk numbers & esp. how every one genuinely worked together, explained procedures & answered questions Dr. Rose listened reviewed & ans. questions.
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.