Treatment & Services
- Alternatives To Hysterectomy
- Cone Biopsy of Cervix
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Female Sterilization
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Gynecological Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Treatment Of Ovarian Cysts
- Menstrual Disorders, Fibroids and Hysteroscopic Services
- OB/GYN Ultrasound
- Section of General Gynecology
- Thermachoice Endometrial Ablation
- Treatment of Fibroids
- Tubal Ligation
- Uterine Fibroids Treatment
- Well Woman Gynecology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abnormal Menstrual Bleeding
- Abnormal Pap Smears
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Fibroid Tumor
- Fibroids And Leiomyoma
- Genital Warts
- Gynecologic Infections
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
- Menstrual Disorders
- Ovarian Cysts
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Post-Menopausal Bleeding
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Uterine Fibroids
- Vaginal Discharge
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Graduate School - Columbia University
New York, NY USA
Residency - Ohio State Wexner Medical Center
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Columbus, OH USA
Medical Education - The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health
Columbus, OH USA
Undergraduate - Oberlin College
Oberlin, OH USA
- Associate Chief Quality Officer, Cleveland Clinic Akron General Health System
- Quality Improvement Officer, Ob/Gyn and Women's Health Institute
- National Quality Forum (NQF) Perinatal and Reproductive Healthcare Steering Committee, 2011
- Ob/Gyn Workgroup for ICD-10-CM/PCS conversion of Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Quality Indicator, 2012
- Standing multi-specialty work group to review the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Quality Indicators, 2013
- Clinical Advisory Group, Perinatal Episode, Ohio Governor's Office of Health Transformation, 2013
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
general gynecology, abnormal uterine bleeding, contraception, ovarian cysts, colposcopy and LEEP procedures, hysterectomy, oophorectomy, endometrial ablation, laparoscopy
Awards & Honors
- World Class Service Award, OB/GYN, Cleveland Clinic, 2007
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Cleveland Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 3/2/2022, Dr. Sutherland has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
48 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.6|
7 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Aug 25, 2022
I would definitely recommend Dr Sutherland, she was wonderful!!
Reviewed on Aug 25, 2022
Staff was great! I normally don't care for video visits, I'm a face to face hands on patient but Dr Sutherland made me feel at ease!
Reviewed on Jul 30, 2022
Great doctor. She takes the time to explain things thoroughly.
Reviewed on Jun 30, 2022
Dr Southerland is always compassionate, caring, and knowledgeable. She's very kind and considers my treatment in the context of my medically complex issues.
Reviewed on Apr 28, 2022
Would definitely like to stay with this provider. She was wonderful.
Reviewed on Jan 10, 2022
Dr Sutherland is an AMAZING doctor with a bed side manner that should be the model for all doctors. She is proficient, thorough , shows genuine care for the patient and does not automatically assume that all my symptoms/health concerns are weight related.
Reviewed on Dec 6, 2021
Dr Sutherland is the best Doctor that I have ever had.
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.