Treatment & Services
- Center for Pediatric Epilepsy
- Cortical Brain Mapping
- Early Epilepsy Surgery
- Epilepsy Pharmacotherapy with Call Office
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery And Video Eeg Evaluation
- Epilepsy Surgery Evaluation
- Epilepsy Surgery in Adolescents
- Epilepsy Surgery In Children
- Evoked Potential Tests
- Intraoperative Brain Mapping And Monitoring
- Intra-operative Brain Mapping for Epilepsy Surgery
- Magnetoencephalography (meg)
- Neuroimaging (mri, Pet, Spect, Meg Scans)
- Pediatric Neuroscience
- Signal Analyses of Subdural Recordings
- Specialized EEG With Subdural Grids
- Surgery In Brain Malformations
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation
- Video EEG Monitoring
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Autoimmune Epilepsy
- Benign Focal Epilepsies and Variants
- Brain Malformations Causing Epilepsy
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Developmental Disorders Of The Brain
- Dravet and Doose Syndrome and other Myoclonic Epilepsies
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Epilepsy in Children
- First Seizure Assessment
- Infantile Spasm
- Ketogenic Diet
- Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Malformations Of Cortical Development
- Non-epileptic seizure disorder
- Rasmussen Encephalitis
- Seizure Manifestations
- Seizures - Febrile
- Sleep and Epilepsy Issues
- Status Epilepticus (continuous Seizures)
- Sturge-Weber Syndrome
- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Clinical Neurophysiology, EEG & Epilepsy
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic Epilepsy Training Program
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Saint George's Hospital Medical School, University of London
Clinical Genetics - Research
Medical Education - Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
Medical Education - Punjab University Faculty of Medicine
Medical Education - Guru Nanak Dev University Faculty of Medicine
Undergraduate - Punjab University/DAV College
Medical Education - Government Medical Institute Patiala
Internship - Institute of Medical Education and Research
- Head, Section of Pediatric Epilepsy, Cleveland Clinic
- Professor, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of the Case Western Reserve University
- Editorial Boards: Pediatric Neurology (current), Epileptic Disorders (past)
- Contributing editor: Epilepsy Currents, contributing editor
- Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance: Professional and Scientific Board
- American Epilepsy Society: multiple professional and scientific committees
- Child Neurology Society: multiple professional and scientific committee
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Clinical Neurophysiology
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Epilepsy
Surgical and medical treatment of children with epilepsy, epilepsy treatment in neurocutaneous disorders like tuberous sclerosis complex and sturge weber syndrome, intra-operative monitoring and brain mapping for epilepsy surgery
Awards & Honors
- Kiffin Penry Pediatric Epilepsy award
- Elected Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Judge, Neuroscience Research, Cleveland Clinic
- Marquis “Who’s Who in America”
- “Top Physicians of America”, Consumers’ Research Council of America, Washington, DC
Best Doctors in America
- America’s Top Pediatricians, Consumers Research Council of America
- Cleveland Clinic Caregiver Appreciation Award, Core value: service
- Fellow, American Epilepsy Society
- Judge, Research Awards, Association of Child Neurology Meeting, New Delhi, India
- Top Doctors of America (Castle Connolly)
- American Epilepsy Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- Child Neurology Society (USA)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- International Child Neurology Association
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 9/25/2020, Dr. Gupta has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Gupta receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Eisai Co., Ltd.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
75 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.7|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.2|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
10 Patient Comments
Reviewed on May 19, 2021
I have been coming here for years and it has always been great my doctor has helped me so much
Reviewed on Mar 16, 2021
Dr. Gupta is an excellent doctor. He listens to my concerns and explains things thoroughly.
Reviewed on Feb 18, 2021
Dr. Gupta is a great listener and epileptologist. he is very well informed about my child when I bring him in and don't have to start over in regards to why we are there to see him.
Reviewed on Dec 23, 2020
dr gupta is a very caring physician and person , who is extremely supportive
Reviewed on Dec 22, 2020
Dr.Gupta is a great neurologist. I know a couple of people that has him for a neurologist. we see him every 6 months and if I have a question paula his nurse always tries to find the answer.
Reviewed on Dec 15, 2020
With a 5 hour drive, COVID exposure risks, and limited resources in our home town, we are very grateful to Cleveland Clinic and Dr. Gupta for providing this service.
Reviewed on Nov 25, 2020
Excellent provider, extremely knowledgeable, polite and courteous demeanor. Able to explain complexities with simple and easy to understand language.
Reviewed on Aug 13, 2020
Dr . Gupta is an amazing doctor. He really listens and also values my opinion and also involves me in my child's care and treatment plan.
Reviewed on Aug 4, 2020
Cleveland Clinic was out of network for us, but it was worth every penny, *Dr. Gupta was everything we had hoped for. He was so knowledgeable and after gathering the needed data, gave us a thoughtful and considered opinion. VERY REASSURING.
Reviewed on Aug 4, 2020
What a great first experience at Cleveland Clinic! Worth the out-of-network cost and the travel time. Thank you! We loved *Dr. Gupta.
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.