Treatment & Services
- Center for Pediatric Epilepsy
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Cortical Brain Mapping
- Epilepsy Pharmacotherapy with Call Office
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery and Video EEG Evaluation
- Epilepsy Surgery Evaluation
- Epilepsy Surgery in Children
- Evoked Potential Tests
- First Seizure Assessment
- Intraoperative Brain Mapping and Monitoring
- Intraoperative Brain Mapping for Epilepsy Surgery
- Magnetoencephalography (MEG)
- Neuroimaging (MRI, PET, SPECT, MEG Scans)
- Pediatric Neuroscience
- Specialized EEG with Subdural Grids
- Subdural Recording Signal Analysis
- Surgery in Brain Malformations
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation
- Video EEG Monitoring
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Autoimmune Epilepsy
- Benign Focal Epilepsies and Variants
- Brain Malformations Causing Epilepsy
- Developmental Disorders of the Brain
- Doose Syndrome
- Dravet Syndrome
- Infantile Spasm
- Ketogenic Diet
- Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Malformations of Cortical Development
- Myoclonic Epilepsy
- Non-Epileptic Seizure
- Pediatric Epilepsy
- Rasmussen Encephalitis
- Seizures - Febrile
- Sleep and Epilepsy Issues
- Status Epilepticus (Continuous Seizures)
- Sturge-Weber Syndrome
- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Clinical Neurophysiology, EEG & Epilepsy
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Saint George's Hospital Medical School, University of London
Clinical Genetics - Research
Medical Education - Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
Medical Education - Punjab University Faculty of Medicine
Medical Education - Guru Nanak Dev University Faculty of Medicine
Undergraduate - Punjab University/DAV College
- Head, Section of Pediatric Epilepsy, Cleveland Clinic
- Professor, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of the Case Western Reserve University
- Editorial Boards: Pediatric Neurology (current), Epileptic Disorders (past)
- Contributing editor: Epilepsy Currents, contributing editor
- Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance: Professional and Scientific Board
- American Epilepsy Society: multiple professional and scientific committees
- Child Neurology Society: multiple professional and scientific committee
Surgical and medical treatment of children with epilepsy, epilepsy treatment in neurocutaneous disorders like tuberous sclerosis complex and sturge weber syndrome, intra-operative monitoring and brain mapping for epilepsy surgery
Awards & Honors
- Kiffin Penry Pediatric Epilepsy award
- Elected Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Judge, Neuroscience Research, Cleveland Clinic
- Marquis “Who’s Who in America”
- “Top Physicians of America”, Consumers’ Research Council of America, Washington, DC
Best Doctors in America
- America’s Top Pediatricians, Consumers Research Council of America
- Cleveland Clinic Caregiver Appreciation Award, Core value: service
- Fellow, American Epilepsy Society
- Judge, Research Awards, Association of Child Neurology Meeting, New Delhi, India
- Top Doctors of America (Castle Connolly)
- American Epilepsy Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- Child Neurology Society (USA)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- International Child Neurology Association
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 5/4/2023, Dr. Gupta has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Gupta receives fees of $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) as a paid consultant, speaker or as a member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- UCB Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
78 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.6|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
9 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Oct 17, 2023
Dr AJay Gupta was very through with our daughter. He answered any questions we had and made sure we understood every answer he gave us!! He took his time and spent all the time we needed him for
Reviewed on Oct 16, 2023
We already have recommended him to a few different people.
Reviewed on Oct 9, 2023
Dr. Gupta is the best!
Reviewed on Jul 19, 2023
*Dr. Gupta is an amazing doctor.
Reviewed on Jun 14, 2023
I love Dr Gupta. He takes his time and explains everything
Reviewed on Jun 6, 2023
I will certainly recommend Cleveland Clinic to anyone over and over again. Doctors answered my questions clearly and in simple ways for me to understand. They provided a clear diagnosis and a treatment plan going forward. I left the hospital more hopeful than I came.
Reviewed on Apr 13, 2023
Great doctor. He takes the time to listen.
Reviewed on Dec 1, 2022
Dr Gupta is awesome!
Reviewed on Dec 1, 2022
Again, Dr Gupta is awesome, but the video conferencing experience is not. I would recommend going back to in person visits.
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.