Treatment & Services
- Center for Pediatric Epilepsy
- Cortical Brain Mapping
- Early Epilepsy Surgery
- Epilepsy Pharmacotherapy with Call Office
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery And Video Eeg Evaluation
- Epilepsy Surgery Evaluation
- Epilepsy Surgery in Adolescents
- Epilepsy Surgery In Children
- Evoked Potential Tests
- Intraoperative Brain Mapping And Monitoring
- Intra-operative Brain Mapping for Epilepsy Surgery
- Magnetoencephalography (meg)
- Neuroimaging (mri, Pet, Spect, Meg Scans)
- Pediatric Neuroscience
- Signal Analyses of Subdural Recordings
- Specialized EEG With Subdural Grids
- Surgery In Brain Malformations
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation
- Video EEG Monitoring
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Autoimmune Epilepsy
- Benign Focal Epilepsies and Variants
- Brain Malformations Causing Epilepsy
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Developmental Disorders Of The Brain
- Dravet and Doose Syndrome and other Myoclonic Epilepsies
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Epilepsy in Children
- First Seizure Assessment
- Infantile Spasm
- Ketogenic Diet
- Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Malformations Of Cortical Development
- Non-epileptic seizure disorder
- Rasmussen Encephalitis
- Seizure Manifestations
- Seizures - Febrile
- Sleep and Epilepsy Issues
- Status Epilepticus (continuous Seizures)
- Sturge-Weber Syndrome
- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Clinical Neurophysiology, EEG & Epilepsy
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic Epilepsy Training Program
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Saint George's Hospital Medical School, University of London
Clinical Genetics - Research
Medical Education - Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
Medical Education - Punjab University Faculty of Medicine
Medical Education - Guru Nanak Dev University Faculty of Medicine
Undergraduate - Punjab University/DAV College
Medical Education - Government Medical Institute Patiala
Internship - Institute of Medical Education and Research
- Head, Section of Pediatric Epilepsy, Cleveland Clinic
- Professor, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of the Case Western Reserve University
- Editorial Boards: Pediatric Neurology (current), Epileptic Disorders (past)
- Contributing editor: Epilepsy Currents, contributing editor
- Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance: Professional and Scientific Board
- American Epilepsy Society: multiple professional and scientific committees
- Child Neurology Society: multiple professional and scientific committee
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Neurology - Clinical Neurophysiology
- Neurology - Epilepsy
Surgical and medical treatment of children with epilepsy, epilepsy treatment in neurocutaneous disorders like tuberous sclerosis complex and sturge weber syndrome, intra-operative monitoring and brain mapping for epilepsy surgery
Awards & Honors
- Kiffin Penry Pediatric Epilepsy award
- Elected Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Judge, Neuroscience Research, Cleveland Clinic
- Marquis “Who’s Who in America”
- “Top Physicians of America”, Consumers’ Research Council of America, Washington, DC
Best Doctors in America
- America’s Top Pediatricians, Consumers Research Council of America
- Cleveland Clinic Caregiver Appreciation Award, Core value: service
- Fellow, American Epilepsy Society
- Judge, Research Awards, Association of Child Neurology Meeting, New Delhi, India
- Top Doctors of America (Castle Connolly)
- American Epilepsy Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- Child Neurology Society (USA)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- International Child Neurology Association
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 9/20/2019, Dr. Gupta has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Gupta receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- UCB, SA
- Mallinckrodt, plc
- Eisai Co., Ltd.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
67 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
10 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Oct 2, 2019
Dr Gupta has continually been someone to turn to and help us through the challenges of our sons diagnosis and treatment
Reviewed on Sep 10, 2019
doctor Gupta did a great job explaining what the process would look like and what infomration they are looking for. we look forward to working with him further with this process.
Reviewed on Aug 8, 2019
Dr Gupta agreed to meet with us for a 2nd appointment after the EEG was finished, my daughter took the bad news hard and he genuinely seemed to care and understand.
Reviewed on Jul 24, 2019
we came for second opinion but Dr Gupta was not objective. rather, he agreed with our local neurologist and justify her decision without reviewing EEG.after the appointment, we had a question but he didn't care to call back even after repeated requests. very un-caring physician.
Reviewed on Jul 24, 2019
Dr Gupta came to the appt prepared, knowing about our child's case and having reviewed all records. He was engaged and answered all our questions. He made himself available to answer future questions and was willing to take to our local team as well.
Reviewed on May 1, 2019
Dr. Gupta, is a very good dr after just one visit we felt like our daughter was where she needed to be to do better an get the life she should have as a kid
Reviewed on Apr 17, 2019
Dr. Gupta is wonderful and listens to our concerns.
Reviewed on Apr 1, 2019
My appointment with Dr. Gupta was scheduled for me as I was referred to him from Dr. Adrianna Tanner. Everything about the process has been smooth.
Reviewed on Feb 19, 2019
knowledgeable and friendly staff dr Gupta listened to our questions and concerns. we have been very pleased with medical staff
Reviewed on Jan 25, 2019
Dr. Gupta had not seen my son before, but seemed genuinely concerned about his treatment and explained a complex situation well.
© 2020 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.