Treatment & Services
- Center for Pediatric Epilepsy
- Cortical Brain Mapping
- Early Epilepsy Surgery
- Epilepsy Pharmacotherapy with Call Office
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery And Video Eeg Evaluation
- Epilepsy Surgery Evaluation
- Epilepsy Surgery in Adolescents
- Epilepsy Surgery In Children
- Intraoperative Brain Mapping And Monitoring
- Magnetoencephalography (meg)
- Neuroimaging (mri, Pet, Spect, Meg Scans)
- Pediatric Neuroscience
- Specialized EEG With Subdural Grids
- Surgery In Brain Malformations
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation
- Video EEG Monitoring
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Benign Focal Epilepsies and Variants
- Brain Malformations Causing Epilepsy
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Dravet and Doose Syndrome and other Myoclonic Epilepsies
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Epilepsy in Children
- First Seizure Assessment
- Infantile Spasm
- Ketogenic Diet
- Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Non-epileptic seizure disorder
- Rasmussen Encephalitis
- Seizure Manifestations
- Seizures - Febrile
- Sleep and Epilepsy Issues
- Sturge-Weber Syndrome
- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Clinical Neurophysiology, EEG & Epilepsy
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic Epilepsy Training Program
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Saint George's Hospital Medical School, University of London
Clinical Genetics - Research
Medical School - Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
Medical School - Punjab University Faculty of Medicine
Medical School - Guru Nanak Dev University Faculty of Medicine
Undergraduate - Punjab University/DAV College
Medical Education - Government Medical Institute Patiala
Internship - Institute of Medical Education and Research
- Member, Pediatric Program Committee, American Epilepsy Society
- Member, Special Task Force, diagnostic methods for cortical dysplasia, International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE)
- Editorial Board, Epileptic Disorders, leading journal from France (John Libbey Eurotext)
- Member, Scientific Program Committee, American Epilepsy Society
- Editorial Board, Pediatric Neurology, a leading peer-reviewed journal from US (Elsevier)
- Professional and Scientific Board, U.S. Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance
- Member, International Affairs Committee, US Child Neurology Society
- Professional Advisory Board, Epilepsy Association
Faculty, International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE), for international educational initiatives in distance learning
- Co-Editor of book, The Treatment of Epilepsy -- Principles and Practice
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
- Neurology - Clinical Neurophysiology
- Neurology - Epilepsy
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Child Neurology
Surgical and medical treatment of children with epilepsy, epilepsy treatment in neurocutaneous disorders like tuberous sclerosis complex and sturge weber syndrome, intra-operative monitoring and brain mapping for epilepsy surgery
Awards & Honors
- Junior Investigator Award to mentored research project on "Outcome after Hemispherectomy in Children", American Epilepsy Society 2011
- 'America's Top Physicians' list 2010, Consumers' Research Council of America, Washington, DC
- Junior Investigator Award to mentored research project on Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, American Epilepsy Society 2010
- Marquis "Who's Who in America" list, 2009
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics, 2006
- Outstanding mentored research award to Junior Member, Child Neurology Society, 2006
- Kiffin Penry Pediatric Epilepsy Fellowship Award, 2001-2002
- American Epilepsy Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- Child Neurology Society (USA)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- International Child Neurology Association
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 8/16/2017, Dr. Gupta has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Gupta receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Mallinckrodt, plc
- Sunovian Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
53 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
7 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Nov 21, 2017
Dr. Gupta explained things about our child's test results that other physicians have never taken the time to go over with us
Reviewed on Oct 25, 2017
I deeply appreciate that Dr. Gupta has always collaborated with me (the mom) about how to best care for my child.
Reviewed on Oct 3, 2017
Dr. Gupta is wonderful! They gave our son a chance @ a great life!!
Reviewed on Aug 8, 2017
*Dr. Gupta was very kind and very thorough.
Reviewed on Jun 16, 2017
I'm beyond happy with the care my daughter received. The doctors listened to our concerns and you can tell they really care. I would recommend these doctors to anyone!
Reviewed on Feb 20, 2017
Love Dr. Gupta & staff.
Reviewed on Feb 17, 2017
The level of expertise coupled with the quality care is the reason I have my child travel out of state to receive services.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.