Treatment & Services
- Cancer Center
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Gynecological Cancer Surgery
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemo-Therapy(HIPEC)
- Laparoscopic Gynecologic Cancer Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Prophylactic Salpingo-oophorectomy
- Robotic Gynecologic Cancer Surgery
- Section of Gynecologic Oncology
- Single incision laparoscopic surgery
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Cervical Cancer
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Cowden’s Disease
- Endometrial Cancer
- Endometrial Stromal Sarcoma of the Uterus
- Epithelioid Trophoblastic Tumor
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Gestational Trophoblastic Tumor
- Granulosa Cell Tumor of the Ovary
- Gynecologic Carcinoid Tumors
- Gynecologic Malignancies
- Gynecologic Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Hereditary Gynecologic Cancers
- Immature Teratoma of the Ovary
- Leiomyosarcoma of the Uterus
- Metastasis Of Ovarian Cancer
- Mixed Germ Cell tumors of the Ovary
- Molar Pregnancy
- Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian Granulosa Cell Tumors
- Paget's Disease
- Pelvic Mass
- Pelvis Cancer
- Peritoneal Carcinomatosis
- Placental Site Trophoblastic Tumor
- Rare Cancer and Blood Disease Program
- Sertoli Leydig Cell Tumor
- Small Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma
- Undifferentiated Endometrial Sarcoma
- Uterine Cancer
- Uterine Sarcoma
- Vaginal Cancer
- Vulvar Cancer
- Yolk Sac Tumor
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Warren G. Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health
Gynecology Oncology Research F
Bethesda, MD USA
Residency - Bethesda North Hospital
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Cincinnati, OH USA
Medical Education - Wright State University School of Medicine
Dayton, OH USA
Undergraduate - Wright State University
Dayton, OH USA
- Dr Michener is currently Associate Program Director for Gynecologic Oncology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology - Gynecologic Oncology
Cervical Cancer, Endometrial Cancer, gynecologic cancer surgery, gynecologic oncology, Laparoscopic Surgery, molecular basis of gynecologic cancers, Ovarian Cancer, ovarian cancer screening and treatment, vulvar cancer
Awards & Honors
- Dr Michener has been recognized for his efforts in teaching with the CREOG National Faculty Teaching Award in 2012 and the Teacher of the Year in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2009 and 2011. He has consistently been named one of the areas top doctors by Cleveland Magazine and by Castle Connelly's Best Doctors®.
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 2/15/2021, Dr. Michener has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
50 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
12 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Dec 15, 2021
Dr Michener and staff are truly amazing!! They all make me feel so comfortable!! So blessed to have found them!
Reviewed on Dec 1, 2021
Both Dr. Kho and Dr. Michener were unbelievably caring, concerned and reassuring that I made the correct decision in choosing Cleveland Clinic. They were angels sent from above o help me!
Reviewed on Nov 24, 2021
Dr Michner is superior
Reviewed on Sep 22, 2021
I saw both Dr. Michener and his intern(?) physician. BOTH were exceptionally kind, knowledgeable, caring, and informative. Dr. Michener has ALWAYS been exemplary. He provided me with the sense of things being under control and instilled confidence in me as far as my treatment program was concerned at my first visit. THAT has never wavered. Such a good doctor.
Reviewed on Jul 7, 2021
Very comfortable with this provider and I have confidence in him.
Reviewed on May 6, 2021
Excellent experience. The Dr. and his staff are great!
Reviewed on Apr 21, 2021
Great visit. Dr. Michener answered all my questions and suggested a treatment plan for my cancer going forward. I found Dr. Michener very knowledgeable and I was amazed at his cancer knowledge. I highly recommend Dr. Michener!!!
Reviewed on Apr 14, 2021
I drove all the way from Pittsburgh to see his doctor for a second opinion. this doc was very doom and gloom and has ZERO bedside manner. I would never want this doctor as my onc and will not be recommending Cleveland Clinic to anyone!!! ever!!
Reviewed on Mar 17, 2021
It was my first video visit. I was more relaxed and able to get all my questions answered. Plus it helped to see the doctor's face without a mask.
Reviewed on Mar 17, 2021
Dr. Michener is respectful, pleasant, humorous and thorough. He makes me feel comfortable and empowered.
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2021
this doctor is a lifesaver, very professional, I feel confident and trust him with my life
Reviewed on Feb 17, 2021
Dr Chad Michener was thorough, kind & provided very comprehensive information. Really liked his approachability & his professionalism.
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.