Treatment & Services
- Consultation and Long-term Care
- Lumbar Puncture (Spinal Tap)
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- Devic's Disease (Neuromyelitis Optica)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Optic Neuritis
- Transverse Myelitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Graduate - Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA USA
Internship - Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA USA
Medical School - Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Baltimore, MD USA
Undergraduate - Amherst College
Amherst, MA USA
- Masters of Science in Clinical Research, Case Western Reserve University, 2003
- Advisory Committee on Fellowships, National Multiple Sclerosis Society (Chair, 2011-2012)
- International Coordinating Investigator, Phase III clinical trial of BG00012
- Editorial Board, Neurology and Multiple Sclerosis Journal
- Managing Director, NARCOMS MS Patient Registry
- Scientific Expert Working Group on CCSVI, Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- MS Clinical Phenotype Subcommittee, International Advisory Committee on Clinical Trials in MS
- Medical Monitor, Phase I Study of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Transplantation in MS
- Ad hoc reviewer, NIH ZRG1 BDCN-N Member Conflict Special Emphasis Panel
- Committee for Responsible Research Conduct, Cleveland Clinic
- Neurosciences Sub-Chair, Research Programs Committee, Cleveland Clinic
Multiple Sclerosis, Neuroimmunology
Awards & Honors
- 1991 James Olds Memorial Neuroscience Thesis Award
- 1992 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society Grant
- 1996 Sellards Travel Award to Johannesburg, South Africa
- 1996 Medical and Chirurgical Society of Maryland Award for Excellence in Organized Medicine
- 1996 Harold Lamport Biomedical Research Prize, Johns Hopkins University
- 1999 Zeritzky Resident Clinical Research Award, University of Pennsylvania
- 2000 Potiker Fellow, Mellen Center for Multiple Sclerosis Treatment and Research
- 2001 National Multiple Sclerosis Society Dale McFarlin Travel Award
- 2003-2012 Top Doctors, Cleveland Magazine
- 2008 Outstanding Physician/PA Team, Cleveland Clinic
- 2009 Fellow, American Academy of Neurology
- 2011 Researcher Hall of Fame, National MS Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Society of Neuroimaging
- American Medical Association
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 8/21/2017, Dr. Fox has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Fox receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Novartis International, AG
- Biogen Idec, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
30 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.7|
|Knows Medical History||4.5|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.6|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.6|
4 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 26, 2018
Dr. Fox was excellent, he was very informative about my disease, and gave me more information than I've had from old neurologist. the staff at the office were very kind, and helpful.
Reviewed on Apr 9, 2018
I was not impressed with doctor fox at all. he was rude and didn't listen to anything I had to say. he brushed off all of my classic MS symptoms and chalked them up to mental health issues and lack of sleep.
Reviewed on Nov 27, 2017
The Provider discussed various options of treatment. He also mentioned a clinical trial that I might find interesting and/or beneficial.
Reviewed on Jul 10, 2017
The doctor never listened to my symptoms. he had another MD do it. I drove 7 hours to see him for neurological symptoms. He simply told me to get more sleep and my symptoms would go away. Needless to say, I was NOT impressed. He ordered no labs, testing, or xrays. He looked at my old images from 2 yrs ago, dubbed me fine and said to just find a way to get some sleep. I was and am still so frustrated and upset.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.