Treatment & Services
- Consultation and Long-term Care
- Lumbar Puncture (Spinal Tap)
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- Devic's Disease (Neuromyelitis Optica)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Optic Neuritis
- Transverse Myelitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Graduate School - Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA USA
Internship - Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA USA
Medical Education - Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Baltimore, MD USA
Undergraduate - Amherst College
Amherst, MA USA
- Masters of Science in Clinical Research, Case Western Reserve University, 2003
- Advisory Committee on Fellowships, National Multiple Sclerosis Society (Chair, 2011-2012)
- International Coordinating Investigator, Phase III clinical trial of BG00012
- Editorial Board, Neurology and Multiple Sclerosis Journal
- Managing Director, NARCOMS MS Patient Registry
- Scientific Expert Working Group on CCSVI, Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- MS Clinical Phenotype Subcommittee, International Advisory Committee on Clinical Trials in MS
- Medical Monitor, Phase I Study of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Transplantation in MS
- Ad hoc reviewer, NIH ZRG1 BDCN-N Member Conflict Special Emphasis Panel
- Committee for Responsible Research Conduct, Cleveland Clinic
- Neurosciences Sub-Chair, Research Programs Committee, Cleveland Clinic
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
Multiple Sclerosis, Neuroimmunology
Awards & Honors
- 1991 James Olds Memorial Neuroscience Thesis Award
- 1992 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society Grant
- 1996 Sellards Travel Award to Johannesburg, South Africa
- 1996 Medical and Chirurgical Society of Maryland Award for Excellence in Organized Medicine
- 1996 Harold Lamport Biomedical Research Prize, Johns Hopkins University
- 1999 Zeritzky Resident Clinical Research Award, University of Pennsylvania
- 2000 Potiker Fellow, Mellen Center for Multiple Sclerosis Treatment and Research
- 2001 National Multiple Sclerosis Society Dale McFarlin Travel Award
- 2003-2012 Top Doctors, Cleveland Magazine
- 2008 Outstanding Physician/PA Team, Cleveland Clinic
- 2009 Fellow, American Academy of Neurology
- 2011 Researcher Hall of Fame, National MS Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Society of Neuroimaging
- American Medical Association
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 5/12/2022, Dr. Fox has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Fox receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Immunic, Inc.
- Greenwich Biosciences, Inc.
- Biogen Idec, Inc.
- Novartis International, AG
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Celgene Corporation (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bristol-Myers Squibb)
- Sanofi Genzyme
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
41 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.6|
9 Patient Comments
Reviewed on May 24, 2022
Dr. Fox was great. He was thorough, knowledgeable and even answered questions before I had to ask them. He took the time to really listen to me, and made suggestions to help me. He explained his reasoning, and really made me feel like he was listening and that he wanted me to leave the appointment feeling better emotionally and mentally.
Reviewed on Jan 25, 2022
I have always thought the Cleveland clinic neurologist were the best as I used to go there as a child years ago for my Tourette's syndrome. After meeting Dr Fox I still feel the same way. I really liked him, he listens and genuinely cares. And is very knowledgeable.
Reviewed on Dec 21, 2021
Awesome experience. Doc was a gentleman
Reviewed on Dec 14, 2021
Dr Fox was clear, conscientious, professional. Excellent doctor.
Reviewed on Oct 19, 2021
Dr Fox was great! Very encouraging and reassuring. He was SO thorough and explained everything so clearly.
Reviewed on Sep 7, 2021
I was very happy to meet Dr. Fox and start treatment with him. He was very easy to talk to and showed real concern for my issues.
Reviewed on Jul 6, 2021
Dr. Fox was unbelievable! So compassionate knowledgeable thorough and had a wonderful bedside manner
Reviewed on Jul 6, 2021
The nursing staff left a lot to be desired. Dr Fox was wonderful.The building smells of urine and can seriously use an update
Reviewed on Jun 15, 2021
Dr. Fox is an excellent clinician. Explains things, takes time to review material and answers questions.
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.